Medic_2019
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm looking into paramedic science and have a few unis in mind. Hertfordshire, SGUL, Greenwich are the main three as I really want to study/do placements in London.

Could you tell me the pros and cons of each, especially if you've studied there. What are the courses like in terms of content, study support from the uni, and difficulty etc.

Thanks in advance.
University of Hertfordshire
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Medic_2019)
I'm looking into paramedic science and have a few unis in mind. Hertfordshire, SGUL, Greenwich are the main three as I really want to study/do placements in London.

Could you tell me the pros and cons of each, especially if you've studied there. What are the courses like in terms of content, study support from the uni, and difficulty etc.

Thanks in advance.
Hi @Medic_2019,

It's great you're interested in studying Paramedic Science here at Herts. I can let you know a bit more about the course.

Your vocational placement will be either the London Ambulance Service NHS trust (LAS) or the East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust (EEAST). Once you successfully complete the course you will be eligible to apply to register with the Health and Care Professions Council as a qualified Paramedic.

In addition to the other simulation facilities we have, we also have an accident simulation centre right on campus. This gives you the chance to put your skills to practice and manage events such as multi-casualty or singular victim road traffic collisions.

Are you planning to visit us on an open day?

You might like to take a look at this video, one of our Paramedic students filmed one of his shifts - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WiX_Vgx0E8

If you need any more info, just let me know.

Thanks,
Heather
Medic_2019
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi Heather, thank you for that info.

Could you tell me whether or not you get a choice of which service you do your placements with or are students randomly allocated??

Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Chester
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19
  • Kingston University London
    All faculties involved Undergraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (149)
53.99%
18-20 years old (no) (34)
12.32%
20-25 years old (yes) (42)
15.22%
20-25 years old (no) (4)
1.45%
25-30 years old (yes) (19)
6.88%