The Student Room Group

This discussion is no longer active so you won't be able to reply.Check out other Related discussions

Evidence of my degree with no certificate?

I graduated last week and I've been told it can take up to 4 months to receive my certificate

But all 3 of the Uni's I have applied to for a MSc degree have said they require my certificate or transcript

I have sent them a screenshot of my results from my student portal but they are still asking for a certificate or transcript

How can I prove evidence of my degree without a certificate?
Have you talked to your university about whether it would be possible to get at least a transcript?
I would second this. Contact your university to check when you will receive your certification, and if you can get a transcript or documentation proving you obtained your degree in the meantime to show your offers.
Original post by cheesecakelove
I would second this. Contact your university to check when you will receive your certification, and if you can get a transcript or documentation proving you obtained your degree in the meantime to show your offers.

Wow thank yo for the fast replies!

Well in all 3 of my MSc applications I provided the webpage from my student portal which had all my degree results and a full breakdown of my module grades. It had my overall degree classification and literally everything

But all 3 unis have emailed me saying they require a certificate or transcript of my degree

My current uni website says it will take 4 months to receive my certificate and if I want a transcript I have to pay £25

Surely I can’t be the only student in the world who has been in this situation

There must be a way to proove my degree without a certificate

I’ve emailed them all explaining the situation and asking how else I can proove it. I’ve even offered to give them my password for my student portal so they can see all my grades haha
Original post by Sadieleigh95

Well in all 3 of my MSc applications I provided the webpage from my student portal which had all my degree results and a full breakdown of my module grades. It had my overall degree classification and literally everything

But all 3 unis have emailed me saying they require a certificate or transcript of my degree

My current uni website says it will take 4 months to receive my certificate and if I want a transcript I have to pay £25

I’ve emailed them all explaining the situation and asking how else I can proove it. I’ve even offered to give them my password for my student portal so they can see all my grades haha

Is this for an MSc starting this September?

Edit: Your University can surely send you a scan of the certificate? No? Also first time I hear of a certificate coming out after 4 months....mine was out within 1 month of graduating.
(edited 5 years ago)

If the universities are asking for a certificate or transcript, I think that is what you will have to provide. Whilst your portal does show your grades, perhaps it is not the official documentation that they require. I would pay £25 for the transcript if you are in a rush to submit the evidence. It isn't too high of a price and you fulfil the requirements.
Original post by cheesecakelove
If the universities are asking for a certificate or transcript, I think that is what you will have to provide. Whilst your portal does show your grades, perhaps it is not the official documentation that they require. I would pay £25 for the transcript if you are in a rush to submit the evidence. It isn't too high of a price and you fulfil the requirements.

Not sure how to reply to two people at once but this is directed to the other person who has replied aswell

Yeah I've just graduated last week with a BSc and I am applying to start an MSc in September

Should I wait until they reply and hopefully give an alternative way of providing evidence or should I suck it up and pay for a transcript?
Not sure how to reply to two people at once but this is directed to the other person who has replied aswell

Yeah I've just graduated last week with a BSc and I am applying to start an MSc in September

Should I wait until they reply and hopefully give an alternative way of providing evidence or should I suck it up and pay for a transcript?

Just pay for the transcript and get on with your application.

Don't forget you'll also need to apply for things like University Accommodation, Postgraduate Loans etc. you don't want to be wasting time waiting.
Original post by trapking

Don't forget you'll also need to apply for things like University Accommodation, Postgraduate Loans etc. you don't want to be wasting time waiting.

I agree with this.

In your first post, you mention that the universities were still asking for an official certificate/transcript even after you sent them the screenshot from your portal. Is it likely that they will change their mind? I am not so sure..If you want to get things done quicker, paying for the transcript would allow this.
ze
Original post by trapking

I think if they dont reply by tomorrow then yeah I'll just pay for the transcript. Luckily it's distance learning so I don't need to worry about accomodation and also SF should be fine because they have already accepted me for a different MSc so I'm hoping it will be easy to change course
I graduated last week and I've been told it can take up to 4 months to receive my certificate

But all 3 of the Uni's I have applied to for a MSc degree have said they require my certificate or transcript

I have sent them a screenshot of my results from my student portal but they are still asking for a certificate or transcript

How can I prove evidence of my degree without a certificate?

You need to pay for an official transcript. This is pretty normal and happens at most if not all universities. University portal results are not considered to be proof of your degree as they can be easily altered or faked. They will need an official stamped transcript so if you want to do the MSc and don't want to or can't wait for your certificate, you will unfortunately need to pay.
ze

I think if they dont reply by tomorrow then yeah I'll just pay for the transcript. Luckily it's distance learning so I don't need to worry about accomodation and also SF should be fine because they have already accepted me for a different MSc so I'm hoping it will be easy to change course

Does your university offer you access to a HEAR? http://www.hear.ac.uk/ If so then you'd be able to grant access to an official transcript via that (you'll usually have been sent login details for your hear provider account during your final year)
Hello all,I passed my BSc degree at MMU in 2007.I do not have the certificate , or any proof I attended that uni for 7 years 1 day a week.( because of my neurodiverse able ities)Do you know how, ? or where to go to prove I qualified on paper.?Thank you for taking the time to read this.Kind regards (MOD EDIT - Contact details removed)

Latest