The Student Room Group

Government and politics

Hey guys, if you took or taking A level Government and politics, please share with me anything you hate or love or any tips that you think is beneficial for year 12. This includes what’s the class like; does it feel academic environment, don’t worry about any other college just tell me your personal experience and I will use your opinion to make judgments

Thanks in advance
Just finished my first year and really enjoyed the subject.

Pros:
- If you are interested in current affairs you will love the course (kinda obvious), it is very up to date but you will learn some political history along the way.
- Learn political theory, such as ideologies, this really opens your mind up and is extremely interesting.
- Helps you with essay structuring, however compared to my other subjects (history + english lit) structuring politics essays is pretty easy.
- My class is very professional, and engages in multiple political debates each lesson.

Cons:
- I found that course gives you a lot of information that isn't necessary for the exams in order to achieve highest of grades, the questions are straight forward and don't require large amounts of extra knowledge.
- While I found the exam questions ok, the content can seem very overwhelming at some times, more so than my other subjects.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending