Panic attacks while smoking weed? Anyone else?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey guys. Just wondering if I'm the only one who has the odd panic attack while smoking weed?

Don't get me wrong I love weed, and 90% of the time I smoke I have a great time with friends. But sometimes I literally feel horrible, with symptoms including elevated heart rate to the point it feels like I'm gonna have a heart attack, nausea, weird sensations throughout my body, throat tightens up, light headed ect.

I think there are a lot of factors at play though for a bad time. For example, one time I just came back from uni from days of eating pure crap, And hardly sleeping. My mum instantly said I look like **** with bags under my eyes but I blew it off. I was totally exhausted but my best friend back home wanted to smoke so we do, that night.

After we smoke I'm playing some gears of war online at his house having fun. 20 mins later my heart is going so insanely fast out of nowhere. I get up and go to the toilet and just lay there on the floor, my Fitbit telling me I've got 150+ heart rate. It aches, and I can hardly stand up without feeling massively weak. I lie down on the sofa but eventually it was so bad I got my friend to drive me home. Trying to get to sleep I layed for hours until it eventually wears off. it was the closest I've ever felt to dying and prior to this I had no anxiety in my life ever, much less a panic attack. It was horrible with every symptom you could think of.

Judging by that, do you think it was a weed induced panic attack, or do you think there's something wrong with me possibly? Because the next day I felt fine but can't be too sure... Other times I've felt a little bad with weed but I ride through it and relax, but that was off the scale. I've spoke to people who say the same but I can't understand why it only happens rarely.

On the plus side I've learned a few things- don't smoke while exhausted, I take my Fitbit off because it puts me into a higher panic thinking about my heart, have a sugary drink to keep blood sugars up ect. No way I'm alone here, right?!
whydoidothis?
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
I wouldnt smoke weed then tbh, I smoke sometimes with friends and i have never heard of that happening.
IQuitTSR
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Smoke weed everyday

^ don't that's bad advice especially with your additional symptoms
GlockInmyRari
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I think a friend told me something similar. He also told me he was rushed to the hospital in an ambulance twice when he took pills. So yeah, you might wanna stay away from those too then.
username2393237
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Stop smoking weed, sleep properly and eat well. You don't have to do it all at once, but make small modifications
qubrit
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey guys. Just wondering if I'm the only one who has the odd panic attack while smoking weed?

Don't get me wrong I love weed, and 90% of the time I smoke I have a great time with friends. But sometimes I literally feel horrible, with symptoms including elevated heart rate to the point it feels like I'm gonna have a heart attack, nausea, weird sensations throughout my body, throat tightens up, light headed ect.

I think there are a lot of factors at play though for a bad time. For example, one time I just came back from uni from days of eating pure crap, And hardly sleeping. My mum instantly said I look like **** with bags under my eyes but I blew it off. I was totally exhausted but my best friend back home wanted to smoke so we do, that night.

After we smoke I'm playing some gears of war online at his house having fun. 20 mins later my heart is going so insanely fast out of nowhere. I get up and go to the toilet and just lay there on the floor, my Fitbit telling me I've got 150+ heart rate. It aches, and I can hardly stand up without feeling massively weak. I lie down on the sofa but eventually it was so bad I got my friend to drive me home. Trying to get to sleep I layed for hours until it eventually wears off. it was the closest I've ever felt to dying and prior to this I had no anxiety in my life ever, much less a panic attack. It was horrible with every symptom you could think of.

Judging by that, do you think it was a weed induced panic attack, or do you think there's something wrong with me possibly? Because the next day I felt fine but can't be too sure... Other times I've felt a little bad with weed but I ride through it and relax, but that was off the scale. I've spoke to people who say the same but I can't understand why it only happens rarely.

On the plus side I've learned a few things- don't smoke while exhausted, I take my Fitbit off because it puts me into a higher panic thinking about my heart, have a sugary drink to keep blood sugars up ect. No way I'm alone here, right?!
One thing that I believe is killing us is that fact that most of us ignorance.
You don't do things because your friends does it. Your health is very vital
Whatever you want to ingest, kindly know if it is good for your health.
Smoking is not bad at all and in fact, it does not cause any harm to our health.
What happened to you is as a result of what you did.
Weed increases your heart rate to 100% especially when you are exercising or doing something busy.
So the fact that you feeling like you have an heart attack whenever you take weed is joke.
I think you should make your research on whatever you are taking.
Weed has so many health benefits.
NotNotBatman
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Clearly weed isn't for you.
bobby147
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Cannabis has been known to increase anxiety for some people.
derekdohrman
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

yes. this exact same thing keeps happening to me
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (16)
8.84%
Okay (55)
30.39%
A bit lacking (62)
34.25%
Not good at all (48)
26.52%

Watched Threads