The Student Room Group

LGBT

I'm not going to lie, there are probably tons of posts like this, but I've been too lazy to look for one so I've started my own.

I find LGBT topics hard to talk about and was wondering if anyone had any advice. I'm a uni student in Manchester and, I must admit, the LGBT community has never been a 'huge' aspect of my life. However, recently I started questioning my sexuality.

My last boyfriend was 5 years ago, when I was 15, but I've never been in any serious relationships (I'm a girl, by the way). Recently I've found myself to be in love with one of my closest friends. I know she is part of the LGBT community but I don't think she feels the same. I'm not asking for advice to get with her or anything, but I'm looking for advice on how it's best to deal with this kind of confusion. I'm looking for someone to email (I guess you could say, a penpal) who may be able to help.

Please get in touch
There’s some lgbt members on here that can help. Hopefully they can post here.
Speaking as a bi guy, it did take me a while to identify and accept my sexuality. It’s not something that you have to pin down right away, as even the label of bi doesn’t properly capture what I feel in a single word.

Having feelings for a good friend is generally a no regardless of gender, as if it goes south then you’ve ruined a friendship as well. This is general though.

Not sure if I’ve said anything helpful, but if you want you can PM me to discuss more

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending