Janetiow
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi everyone
So excited about starting my course in February next year. It’s taken 27 years to return to nurse training! Yes I’m a very mature student 👩*🎓
I’m also commuting from the Isle of a Wight and a single parent - I don’t make my life easy! Anyway I’m wondering about term dates and placements and mainly what time off we get ( I’ll also have to work to support myself and family even with student finance)
Any advice or insight anyone can give would be fantastic as I’ve had a very sleepless night worrying about it all. Thank you 😊
CheeseIsVeg
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Janetiow)
Hi everyone
So excited about starting my course in February next year. It’s taken 27 years to return to nurse training! Yes I’m a very mature student 👩*🎓
I’m also commuting from the Isle of a Wight and a single parent - I don’t make my life easy! Anyway I’m wondering about term dates and placements and mainly what time off we get ( I’ll also have to work to support myself and family even with student finance)
Any advice or insight anyone can give would be fantastic as I’ve had a very sleepless night worrying about it all. Thank you 😊
:hi: there!
Haha wow! Some info I can give you straight away is to do with the term dates for the University of Southampton.
The other questions would probably be best answered by your faculty of Nursing
Best of luck, it will be tough but you can do it :heart: and I hope it's going well <3

• Spring Term: Monday 7 January 2019 to Saturday 30 March 2019
  • Summer Term: Monday 29 April 2019 to Saturday 15 June 2019
Vacation dates

• Christmas vacation: Monday 17 December 2018 - Friday 4 January 2019
  • Easter vacation: Monday 1 April 2019 - Friday 26 April 2019

In addition to the regular public holidays, the University will be closed on the following days:
  • Monday 27 August 2018 (PH)
  • Monday 24 December 2018 (CD)
  • Tuesday 25 December 2018 (PH)
  • Wednesday 26 December 2018 (PH)
  • Thursday 27 December 2018 (CD)
  • Friday 28 December 2018 (CD)
  • Monday 31 December 2018 (CD)

CD = University closure day; PH = Bank/public holiday.
This can also be found on the website here.
Janetiow
Rep:
?
Thanks for taking the trouble to reply. My course starts in February so not sure if we will follow the same term dates, though believe we get Easter and Christmas off 😊
Not worrying quite so much now / just can’t wait to start!
CheeseIsVeg
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Janetiow)
Thanks for taking the trouble to reply. My course starts in February so not sure if we will follow the same term dates, though believe we get Easter and Christmas off 😊
Not worrying quite so much now / just can’t wait to start!
:hugs: That's ok!
Your faculty/course supervisor should let you know You should also get a Personal Academic Tutor who will be able to help you with any queries you may have
aw sounds great :party: I hope you enjoy it! If you have any questions about life in Southampton or the Uni, please feel free to quote/tag me
I'm a second year chemist at the University of Southampton :ahee:
Janetiow
Rep:
?
Brilliant thank you!I did email them but they didn't know yet! Not that it matters - I wont be affording holidays for the next couple of years ha ha!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (58)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (19)
21.84%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.49%

Watched Threads