The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

MA Design Management 2018/19

Anybody else applied for this programme? It's got a very quiet profile online - it's almost like Fight Club... :biggrin:
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:

Why do I this?

Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by jsp_1983
Anybody else applied for this programme? It's got a very quiet profile online - it's almost like Fight Club... :biggrin:

Hi JSP,

Great to know you have applied to Lancaster! I am a current student so let me know if you have any questions. I study Accounting and Finance but will be able to answer any general University life questions and point you in the right direction for other queries.

We have a thread called 'Lancaster University 2018 Applicants' - you might have better luck posting in there to see if you can find others on your course! :smile:

Georgia
Student Ambassador
Original post by jsp_1983

Hi
Any feedback on the MA design Management course at Lancaster?
Reply 4
Original post by drishtidaftary
Hi
Any feedback on the MA design Management course at Lancaster?

Hi! Sorry for the late reply - I haven't checked in on here for a while.

Personally... It was a difficult and frustrating experience for me. I might have had an overly idealised view of what it would be like and the benefit or development I would gain from it, so your mileage may vary. Trying to be objective about it, I'd say that it depends on what your motivations are for considering the programme and which modes of working and assessment you engage with and get the most from. Bear in mind that it doesn't focus on any one field of design, but takes a broader and more abstract orientation towards design in my view. Despite the name, the area of design management is a relatively minor component of the overall syllabus.

Presumably (going by your post date) you're considering admission for October 2021/22, so hopefully the pandemic situation will have changed by then. There's a significant amount of practical group project work, which probably isn't optimal in the current circumstances, although I know that the department has put in a lot of work to accommodate alternatives to the norm.

They have some good people who are friendly and create a fairly laid-back environment. If you're considering the programme, it's worth contacting LICA postgraduate admissions and asking to arrange a call with David, the course leader. He's usually busy, but he's good at finding time for people and easy to have a chat with. If there's anything in particular you want to know, I'm happy to answer any other questions you might have.
Hi What is the Placement scene after finishing MA in Design Management at Lancaster.

Quick Reply