Want more information about this university?
OliviaRichmond1
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello everyone!

This may sound like a stupid question but any students that go to the University of Lincoln might be able to help.

Basically I’m filling in my UCAS application and I’m stuck between two subjects. I wanted to know if anybody knows if I do one as a major and one as a minor or if I have to definitely choose one immediately? I’ve tried looking at their website but I can’t find it anywhere.

Any help would be appreciated!
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by OliviaRichmond1)
Hello everyone!

This may sound like a stupid question but any students that go to the University of Lincoln might be able to help.

Basically I’m filling in my UCAS application and I’m stuck between two subjects. I wanted to know if anybody knows if I do one as a major and one as a minor or if I have to definitely choose one immediately? I’ve tried looking at their website but I can’t find it anywhere.

The major minor system is the American system. You will need to choose one subject unless it’s offered as a dual honours which will be on the website.
OliviaRichmond1
Rep:
?
Hi! I did look at other universities around the U.K. and some do offer major/minor courses so I was wondering if you could do that in Lincoln. I’m considering going to an open day again just to ask the question. I was just curious that’s all ☺️
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi! I did look at other universities around the U.K. and some do offer major/minor courses so I was wondering if you could do that in Lincoln. I’m considering going to an open day again just to ask the question. I was just curious that’s all ☺️
Really? I’ve never seen that in all the years I’ve worked in the UK unis sector. Dual honours yes but we don’t talk about majors and minors. Like I said the website will have the info so feel free to satisfy your curiosity
OliviaRichmond1
Rep:
?
Thanks anyway. I appreciate your help ☺️
miandi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hello everyone!

What subjects are you wanting to do? There are joint degrees available here, they are listed but if you really want to do another combination you could always ask the admissions office if it's possible
OliviaRichmond1
Rep:
?
I want to do law and politics. I’ve had a look and Lincoln offers law and politics separately and I want Lincoln to be my first choice but it can’t be if I can’t do the course I want
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (113)
28.18%
No - I have already returned home (52)
12.97%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (80)
19.95%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (39)
9.73%
No - I live at home during term anyway (117)
29.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed