The Student Room Group

Is she interested?

I know there’s probably so many of these on here, but if anyone is willing to give their input, it’s appreciated!

I met this girl a month ago. Right from the beginning I was drawn in. She’s different than any girl I’ve met and we had a really strong connection. Same sense of humour, taste in music etc. We would joke around all the time, light flirting too. And some of my friends thought she might be into me, but weren’t sure.

So we haven’t seen each other in person for about a month, but we kept in touch over text. We talk almost daily about completly random things/ inside jokes- so there’s no practical point to our convos.

She’ll send me memes out of the blue that have to do with us etc and we tease and joke a lot. I’ve been out of the country for 3 weeks but am getting back soon and she texted me the other day “Hey, when are you getting back?” So she obviously wants to see me, so I later told her we should hang when I get back and she agreed eagerly.

So I don't know, does she like me? Or does she just see me as a good friend whom she enjoys talking too?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I know there’s probably so many of these on here, but if anyone is willing to give their input, it’s appreciated!

I met this girl a month ago. Right from the beginning I was drawn in. She’s different than any girl I’ve met and we had a really strong connection. Same sense of humour, taste in music etc. We would joke around all the time, light flirting too. And some of my friends thought she might be into me, but weren’t sure.

So we haven’t seen each other in person for about a month, but we kept in touch over text. We talk almost daily about completly random things/ inside jokes- so there’s no practical point to our convos.

She’ll send me memes out of the blue that have to do with us etc and we tease and joke a lot. I’ve been out of the country for 3 weeks but am getting back soon and she texted me the other day “Hey, when are you getting back?” So she obviously wants to see me, so I later told her we should hang when I get back and she agreed eagerly.

So I don't know, does she like me? Or does she just see me as a good friend whom she enjoys talking too?

If you’ve not seen her in a month, then I’d say to wait until you’ve met up and then evaluate it. It can be easy to misinterpret things over text after all
Reply 2
i'd say that she's definitely feeling something for you, but wait till you meet up, see how she acts, dresses, if she acts normal and doesn't put on an act. wish you the best man!
Reply 3
Original post by SkyRunner61
If you’ve not seen her in a month, then I’d say to wait until you’ve met up and then evaluate it. It can be easy to misinterpret things over text after all

Very true. I guess in person will be the way to see if she’s different than she was since the last time we talked irl. I’ll just keep doing what I’ve been doing until then
Reply 4
Original post by zchambo1
i'd say that she's definitely feeling something for you, but wait till you meet up, see how she acts, dresses, if she acts normal and doesn't put on an act. wish you the best man!

I figured at the very least there was something there, or else she wouldn’t talk to me as much as she did. But she could just be a friendly person in general, so I’ll wait and see. Are you saying if she doesn’t put on an act that’s good? Or vice versa
I'd say she might seem nervous or like she doesn't know what to expect from seeing you again - not necessarily an act but quite natural. Obviously people have different ideas of when a conversation becomes flirting, but it sounds to me as if she feels something, or is at least confused about what she feels for you - trust me, I've been there. Waiting until you see her seems like a good idea.
Reply 6
Original post by atlanticblue26
I'd say she might seem nervous or like she doesn't know what to expect from seeing you again - not necessarily an act but quite natural. Obviously people have different ideas of when a conversation becomes flirting, but it sounds to me as if she feels something, or is at least confused about what she feels for you - trust me, I've been there. Waiting until you see her seems like a good idea.

Ok, so see if she seems like she was last time I saw her in person or if she’s not nervous or something. Sounds good, and yeah I see how she might be unsure herself. So you would recommend it be a one on one hang out yes? For now until then I’ll just keep doing what I’ve been doing, not really much that can be done through texting. Thanks for the help! :smile:
Ok, so see if she seems like she was last time I saw her in person or if she’s not nervous or something. Sounds good, and yeah I see how she might be unsure herself. So you would recommend it be a one on one hang out yes? For now until then I’ll just keep doing what I’ve been doing, not really much that can be done through texting. Thanks for the help! :smile:

Yepp just the two of you would give you the best chance of seeing if she's interested, and feels more special. Happy to help!
Reply 8
Original post by atlanticblue26
Yepp just the two of you would give you the best chance of seeing if she's interested, and feels more special. Happy to help!

Sounds good, thanks again!
Do you talk to her on lots of different forms of social media? Did you first meet her in person or online?
Reply 10
Damn! this just sounds exactly like my situation except he didn't leave the country 😂 I think I do really like him but he's very hard to read so idk if he feels the same way I think best way to see if she likes u is to say 'so have u got ur eye on any lads then?' Kinda subtle but it is a bold question to a lass but it's good because she won't say anything about you because she is worried u don't feel same but she won't say no either. Ygm? Just now and then talk about her love life and show a genuine interest in it, don't go too full on either just in case. Good luck and keep us posted :smile:)
Do you talk to her on lots of different forms of social media? Did you first meet her in person or online?

Yeah I have her on Snapchat and Instagram but she never uses snapchat for ANYONE (hasn’t been on it in over 3 weeks) so we just use Instagram. But we chat on and off all day, send memes, and comment on each other’s posts. We met in person on a school trip. So we got to know each other over 5 days, and stayed in touch over social media once we got back.
Original post by Anyauk
Damn! this just sounds exactly like my situation except he didn't leave the country 😂 I think I do really like him but he's very hard to read so idk if he feels the same way I think best way to see if she likes u is to say 'so have u got ur eye on any lads then?' Kinda subtle but it is a bold question to a lass but it's good because she won't say anything about you because she is worried u don't feel same but she won't say no either. Ygm? Just now and then talk about her love life and show a genuine interest in it, don't go too full on either just in case. Good luck and keep us posted :smile:)

No way!😂 it’s funny to see the same thing is happening only from the girls perspective. that sounds like a great idea actually, it’s casual enough to not seem to forward, and easy enough to bring up in casual convo either when in person or text. So I take it if I ask her that and she doesn’t mention anyone specific that’s not me, that’s a good sign? Thanks!! I will keep you posted. Also, imagine if your guy was also out of the country and it turned out we were talking about each other😂
I'd guess yes, but obviously just see how it goes.
Reply 14
No way!😂 it’s funny to see the same thing is happening only from the girls perspective. that sounds like a great idea actually, it’s casual enough to not seem to forward, and easy enough to bring up in casual convo either when in person or text. So I take it if I ask her that and she doesn’t mention anyone specific that’s not me, that’s a good sign? Thanks!! I will keep you posted. Also, imagine if your guy was also out of the country and it turned out we were talking about each other😂

Haha yeah good luck to you hope u get the girl u want x
She could be! It's definitely easier to read someone in person than over messengers. If things go well when you next meet and you're interested in her then you could always ask her if she wants to go on a date. :smile:
In case any of you wanted to know how it went, here is the update
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5505376
Thought I would update anyone who wanted to know, I just saw a movie with her where we touched nonstop for the second half and afterwards had a chat and turns out we both saw it as a date and are into each other!
Reply 18
Thought I would update anyone who wanted to know, I just saw a movie with her where we touched nonstop for the second half and afterwards had a chat and turns out we both saw it as a date and are into each other!

👌👌 congratulations boyo seems like u got ur girl.
Original post by Anyauk
👌👌 congratulations boyo seems like u got ur girl.

Haha thanks! Yeah.. we are officially dating now, so I got her!😊😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending