The Student Room Group

I am in love with my girlfriend but I know I have to break up with her

I've been with my girlfriend (of 18 years old and I am also 18 years old btw) for 2 years and like 3 months, the first year was just amazing, we had so much fun we spend all the time together with friends and alone it was perfect. Then something happend, I was in like a summer camp in 11 grade and one day in the summer camp a girl got in my back so I could piggy back her cause her leg hurted so I lift her up for a little time and I totally forgot that happend (the girl that I piggy backed was a friend that I had in the camp). So yeah after that happend when the camp ended my girlfriend found pictures that I didn't show her cause I didn't know they were sush a bug deal, the pictures were selfies with frinds (female and male frends) and she found a picture were I piggy backed a girl (the girl that I talked about earlier) and I didn't know sombody took a picture of us when I was piggy backing her, my girlfriend was furious I didn't tell her about the pictures and that I didn't tell her I piggy backed that girl, I didn't tell her cause I ididnt know it was a big deal, anyway from that day forward she has had some issues, she has extreme trust issus, extreme jealousy issus, she is super insecure (and I don't know why because I swear she is the most beautiful girl I've ever seen). She has a lot of issus like that and it's getting worst and worst at the beginning was normal but now she has extreme issus and I've tried everything to help her , she don't even want to got to therapy or something, so now basically I can't go out ANYWHERE not even to church or to my grandmother's house (I know it's crazy) I only go out if it's with her, she donsnt let me not even with my family , and if someday my parents presure me to go out and I don't have an option i have to go walking texting my girlfriend and looking at the floor cause she dosnt trust me at all she thinks that I am going to be checking girls out or something and I don't do that , I also can't watch movies because of the nudity and ****, if we're going to watch a movie she has to check the "parents guide" of the movie to check if it has nudity and even if it dosnt have nudity she checks if there is a pretty girl and if it has nudity just a little bit or a pretty actress we can't watch the movie, the thing is that she goes out everywhere and watches whatever she wants, so basically wtf do I do in my house? Nothing cause I can't go out can't watch anything , she even gets jealous of my cousins and that's gross, so yeah :frown: that is my life right now and I feel like I have to break up with her no matter how much I love her because I'm starting college now and what em I going to do there? Text my girlfriend all day and look at the floor all day? I don't want that I want to make friends and I wouldn't be able to do it if I am with my girlfriend, also my family goes out a lot and I used to go put with them a lot now they think I am afraid of society , i don't know what to do, should I leave her? I don't know how to I've tried but I don't know how to , I am going to finish here but I haven't even finish , please reply guys (BTW I'm sorry if my grammar is bad sometimes I'm from Puerto Rico my first language is spanish)
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I've been with my girlfriend (of 18 years old and I am also 18 years old btw) for 2 years and like 3 months, the first year was just amazing, we had so much fun we spend all the time together with friends and alone it was perfect. Then something happend, I was in like a summer camp in 11 grade and one day in the summer camp a girl got in my back so I could piggy back her cause her leg hurted so I lift her up for a little time and I totally forgot that happend (the girl that I piggy backed was a friend that I had in the camp). So yeah after that happend when the camp ended my girlfriend found pictures that I didn't show her cause I didn't know they were sush a bug deal, the pictures were selfies with frinds (female and male frends) and she found a picture were I piggy backed a girl (the girl that I talked about earlier) and I didn't know sombody took a picture of us when I was piggy backing her, my girlfriend was furious I didn't tell her about the pictures and that I didn't tell her I piggy backed that girl, I didn't tell her cause I ididnt know it was a big deal, anyway from that day forward she has had some issues, she has extreme trust issus, extreme jealousy issus, she is super insecure (and I don't know why because I swear she is the most beautiful girl I've ever seen). She has a lot of issus like that and it's getting worst and worst at the beginning was normal but now she has extreme issus and I've tried everything to help her , she don't even want to got to therapy or something, so now basically I can't go out ANYWHERE not even to church or to my grandmother's house (I know it's crazy) I only go out if it's with her, she donsnt let me not even with my family , and if someday my parents presure me to go out and I don't have an option i have to go walking texting my girlfriend and looking at the floor cause she dosnt trust me at all she thinks that I am going to be checking girls out or something and I don't do that , I also can't watch movies because of the nudity and ****, if we're going to watch a movie she has to check the "parents guide" of the movie to check if it has nudity and even if it dosnt have nudity she checks if there is a pretty girl and if it has nudity just a little bit or a pretty actress we can't watch the movie, the thing is that she goes out everywhere and watches whatever she wants, so basically wtf do I do in my house? Nothing cause I can't go out can't watch anything , she even gets jealous of my cousins and that's gross, so yeah :frown: that is my life right now and I feel like I have to break up with her no matter how much I love her because I'm starting college now and what em I going to do there? Text my girlfriend all day and look at the floor all day? I don't want that I want to make friends and I wouldn't be able to do it if I am with my girlfriend, also my family goes out a lot and I used to go put with them a lot now they think I am afraid of society , i don't know what to do, should I leave her? I don't know how to I've tried but I don't know how to , I am going to finish here but I haven't even finish , please reply guys (BTW I'm sorry if my grammar is bad sometimes I'm from Puerto Rico my first language is spanish)
My eyes are bleeding. Don't they have paragraphs in Spanish?

Also I don't actually know what you're talking about here. Is your girlfriend making trouble for you because of pictures? You love her but she doesn't love you?
you defo need to leave her. she is being too controlling for sure. you need to sit her down and tell her that you cannot go on like this and if she doesnt agree then leave her.
If I was in your position I would leave her, it sounds like a toxic relationship and you need to get away from that. She needs time to work on herself and you need space to get away, spend time with your family and friends and not feel like you're walking on eggshells.
Ask her if you can meet up with her and simply tell her I'm really sorry, I do love you but this relationship has become toxic and isn't good for either of us, it'll hurt now but in the long run it'll be better for the both of us
Because she's toxic she may try to manipulate you into staying with her, don't let her! After you break up with her block her on everything (this will do you both good) until you've both calmed down and are over each other
Original post by Anonymous

This is not normal for your girlfriend to be doing this. I mean, controlling what movies you watch? Seriously? That is definitely the actions of an over controlling partner. The fact that she is trying to stop you from seeing your family and friends is also a red flag.

Even married couples still spend time apart from each other with their friends. People are not always together in relationships and your girlfriend is having a hard time accepting this.

If you carry on letting your girlfriend pussy whip you like this, you will end up losing all your friends. You need to exert some agency in this relationship.

You have only one choice here. Either tell her to stop being so controlling and change her ways or you will break up with her. If you don’t then this relationship is beyond saving.
Reply 5
I would speak to her about it and my eyes are bleeding as well haha ^
Reply 6
WTH. Dude leave her immediately. She’s manipulative and controlling. She’s even forcing what movies u can watch. This is horrendous. Someone save him.
Reply 7
Original post by Tootles
My eyes are bleeding. Don't they have paragraphs in Spanish?

Also I don't actually know what you're talking about here. Is your girlfriend making trouble for you because of pictures? You love her but she doesn't love you?

Yeah she does love me and she says that she's afraid of losing me but she just has too many issues, she's happy and neither em I
Reply 8
I know, she is extremely controlling and I know I need to leave her I'm really sad cause I don't know how to leave her she's my best friend and girlfriend it's going to be the hardest thing I will ever do.
Reply 9
THANK YOU so much, i kow the relationship is REALLY toxic the worst thing is that she know we are toxic and that all she does is wrong but she doesn't do anything about it she doesn't try to change, at this point I feel like she can't change, anyway thank you so much I will take your advice
I didn't mention it but I've talked to her about all of this and she feels bad that she does all of this but she says it's my fault for what happened back at the camp, I talk to her about all of this but she just doesn't stop. And I lost all my friends already I just have only one left because he knowsaid the situation I'm in.
Thank you dude I know I have to leave her I'll do that but it's going to be hard asf to do that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending