Defence11
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Pls could someone be kind enough to mark my Macbeth paragraph which I will post in the reply section. I’m doing AQA 9-1 so it would be helpful if u could grade my work using 9-1. Also pls give me improvement comments. Thanks
Defence11
Rep:
?
(Original post by Defence11)
Pls could someone be kind enough to mark my Macbeth paragraph which I will post in the reply section. I’m doing AQA 9-1 so it would be helpful if u could grade my work using 9-1. Also pls give me improvement comments. Thanks
Name:  2F43231E-0004-4FC2-874C-B790D9F7494E.jpeg
Views: 57
Size:  172.6 KB
The question is how is ambition presented in Macbeth
akpo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I sat these examinations last year (9-1 first timer), so my feedback may not be as accurate, and may differ from other people.

So this is a very good paragraph. It shows intepretation of quotes, and also uses subject terminology when analysing certain words said in the play.
However, there is a lot of quoting for one paragraph, as it should focus more on one aspect, to attain more AO1 marks. The AO3 in this paragraph, was talking about the Jacobean audience, was also excellent but brief (however, with time, this amount would be expected.)

This may just be me, but I don't feel like there's any evaluative comments. What I mean by this, is whether Shakespeare is effective, successful in portraying Lady Macbeth as a certain type of character, and why he is.

I would probably say grade 7, however due to the subjective nature of examinations and examiners, this could make a case for grade 8.
Defence11
Rep:
?
(Original post by akpo)
I sat these examinations last year (9-1 first timer), so my feedback may not be as accurate, and may differ from other people.

So this is a very good paragraph. It shows intepretation of quotes, and also uses subject terminology when analysing certain words said in the play.
However, there is a lot of quoting for one paragraph, as it should focus more on one aspect, to attain more AO1 marks. The AO3 in this paragraph, was talking about the Jacobean audience, was also excellent but brief (however, with time, this amount would be expected.)

This may just be me, but I don't feel like there's any evaluative comments. What I mean by this, is whether Shakespeare is effective, successful in portraying Lady Macbeth as a certain type of character, and why he is.

I would probably say grade 7, however due to the subjective nature of examinations and examiners, this could make a case for grade 8.
Thank you so much. Also what do u mean by evaluative comments. The question is about ambition. What could I say ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (42)
27.1%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (14)
9.03%
No I am happy with my choice (88)
56.77%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (11)
7.1%

Watched Threads