The Student Room Group

I just had a rhinoplasty.. AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Roryroars
Is your nose all packed now with gauze?

It's been two weeks now since the surgery so for the first couple of days, you wear a moustache dressing to cover any blood. Your eyes start to become badly bruised and swollen for the first 48 hours but this then becomes reduced. After taking off the cast after 7 days, it was still very swollen and they also had to use suction to get rid of the packing which was supposed to be biodegradable and this hurt so much. The whole procedure and post op was painless but the suction was very painful. He then removed the stitches was okay.

I'm going on holiday in a few days and have to stay out of the sun lol to avoid discolouration.
Original post by RhinoPlastyCmon
It's been two weeks now since the surgery so for the first couple of days, you wear a moustache dressing to cover any blood. Your eyes start to become badly bruised and swollen for the first 48 hours but this then becomes reduced. After taking off the cast after 7 days, it was still very swollen and they also had to use suction to get rid of the packing which was supposed to be biodegradable and this hurt so much. The whole procedure and post op was painless but the suction was very painful. He then removed the stitches was okay.

I'm going on holiday in a few days and have to stay out of the sun lol to avoid discolouration.
Good Luck with rest of recovery.
Reply 22
I've had a psychologist assessments and have another appointment with the psychologist AND the ent consultant. Will that be good news or bad news to getting a procedure done? Broke my nose three years ago

Quick Reply

Latest