HelenCP
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi,
how many' hours of lectures per week' you have as an student of Medicine at Newcastle university? I'd like to know this because it seems that universities are cutting off more and more hours of lectures because of the PBL and CBL system.
Please help,
She-Ra
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by HelenCP)
Hi,
how many' hours of lectures per week' you have as an student of Medicine at Newcastle university? I'd like to know this because it seems that universities are cutting off more and more hours of lectures because of the PBL and CBL system.
Please help,
I'd recommend posting in our Medicine forum too

Newcastle University can you help?
Newcastle University
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi,
Please help,
Hi HelenCP

I've contacted the medical school to find this out for you, I'll let you know when I hear back. In the meantime have you had a look at our web page? At the bottom there's rotating information about teaching hours, independent learning, placement, coursework and assessment by year:

https://www.ncl.ac.uk/undergraduate/...#coursedetails

Hope this helps 😊

Valentina
HelenCP
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Newcastle University)
Hi HelenCP

I've contacted the medical school to find this out for you, I'll let you know when I hear back. In the meantime have you had a look at our web page? At the bottom there's rotating information about teaching hours, independent learning, placement, coursework and assessment by year:

https://www.ncl.ac.uk/undergraduate/...#coursedetails

Hope this helps 😊

Valentina
Hi Valentina,
I'd appreciate your help. I have contacted the university but they only tell me the number of hours per week at the 'campus' but it doesn't mean that all those hours are with lectures. Please let me know
Newcastle University
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi Valentina,
I'd appreciate your help. I have contacted the university but they only tell me the number of hours per week at the 'campus' but it doesn't mean that all those hours are with lectures. Please let me know
Hi HelenCP,

The Medical School have responded with the below:

This table gives a breakdown of the average weekly face to face (i.e. teacher facilitated or clinically based) teaching time that students should expect over the 5 years of the programme.

Year 1 - Essentials of Medical Practice, 17h per week, Case-led

Year 2 - Essentials of Medical Practice, 15h per week, Case-led

Year 3 - Clinically Based Practice, 32h per week, Clinical placements

Year 4 - Complexity in Medical Practice: Continuity, co-morbidity and context, 15h per week Semester 1, 35h per week Semester 2 & 3, Block Teaching Clinical Placements

Year 5 - Transition to Medical Practitioner, 35h per week, Clinical Placement

Hope this helps

Valentina
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (147)
62.29%
I don't have everything I need (89)
37.71%

Watched Threads