The Student Room Group

Which universities provide second year undergraduate accommodation

I know a lot of universities only allow first year undergraduates to stay in the halls, I just wanted to know if there are any universities where you can secure a 3 year accomadation
Original post by Whata
I know a lot of universities only allow first year undergraduates to stay in the halls, I just wanted to know if there are any universities where you can secure a 3 year accomadation

Very very few, and that is likely to change with student numbers increasing year upon year. Accommodation priority will always be given to first years, international students and students with additional needs. You may be able to secure a longer tenancy in private halls.
Don't Cambridge provide permanent halls?
Original post by Whata

The University of York allows you to stay in university accommodation for all three years - not in the same room, and you apply a year at a time, but if you want accommodation you can get it.

Otherwise it's fairly rare outside of Oxford and Cambridge.
Lancaster also gives you the option to apply for university accommodation for all three years, but in second year you have the least priority as that goes to first and final years.
Original post by Whata

The University of Southampton allowed me, a now soon-to-be graduate to stay in halls in my third year
Original post by Whata

Hi Whata,

Here at Bradford we allow second and third year (and Post Graduate students) to stay in our on campus halls The Green. There is even a discount for returning students :smile:

Shelley
Reply 7
Uni owned halls may not, but most if not all private halls let you stay no matter what year youre in and again most if not every uni in the uk will have some sort of private halls nearby in the city
Reply 8
Northumbria allows you to and discounts the price if you stay for 2nd year.
Reply 9
Original post by Bulletzone
Don't Cambridge provide permanent halls?

Nearly all Cambridge colleges provide accommodation for all years of undergraduate study.

BTW "permanent hall" means something different and is an Oxford thing. Basically it's just a different type of college.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending