The Student Room Group

Ucas points

Hi

I have just completed a HE diploma in Law and I am really worrying about my results incase I do not meet the requirements

I have 18 credits at merit grade, 27 credits at pass grade and 5 ungraded at pass grade

Can anybody help me with how many ucas points that adds upto? Or even how many ucas points the ungraded are each so I can work it out

Thankyou so much in advance I am so worried :frown: xx
Original post by Erxxx
Hi

I have just completed a HE diploma in Law and I am really worrying about my results incase I do not meet the requirements

I have 18 credits at merit grade, 27 credits at pass grade and 5 ungraded at pass grade

Can anybody help me with how many ucas points that adds upto? Or even how many ucas points the ungraded are each so I can work it out

I'm not an expert on access courses but as I understand it unis are mostly interested in your graded credits and your ungraded credits don't necessarily give you extra UCAS points. Are the ungraded credits at level 2 or level 3?

Based on your graded credits, you currently have 67 UCAS points. I hope this helps.

If you've narrowly missed your offer, it may be that your uni will offer you a place anyway.
Reply 3
Hi Thanks so much for getting back to me and calculating my points for me Yes I have already worked out the 67 ucas based on merits and passes I currently need 120 points for my first uni option or 112 for my second uni option so you can imagine when I seen 67 the panick set in haha! 67 to 112/120 is a huge different :frown: But I have read up and if I’m read correctly the 15 credits from the ungraded do go towards my ucas points I think the best thing for me to do is to not worry and just wait until my grades go up on ucas in next week or so :smile:Thanks again
Reply 4
Thankyou for replying :smile: I have used the calculator and worked out my points for the pass and merits just really unsure about the ungraded now it’s not very clear all of this ucas point palava :frown:
Original post by Erxxx
Hi Thanks so much for getting back to me and calculating my points for me Yes I have already worked out the 67 ucas based on merits and passes I currently need 120 points for my first uni option or 112 for my second uni option so you can imagine when I seen 67 the panick set in haha! 67 to 112/120 is a huge different :frown: But I have read up and if I’m read correctly the 15 credits from the ungraded do go towards my ucas points I think the best thing for me to do is to not worry and just wait until my grades go up on ucas in next week or so :smile:Thanks again

I think that if your ungraded credits are level 3, the uni may take them into account- but not if they are level 2.

Anyway, you are right that there is nothing you can do about it right now- so it's best to wait for your firm and insurance to make their decisions! Good luck and I hope you get one of the places that you want.
Reply 6
Original post by SarcAndSpark
I think that if your ungraded credits are level 3, the uni may take them into account- but not if they are level 2.

Anyway, you are right that there is nothing you can do about it right now- so it's best to wait for your firm and insurance to make their decisions! Good luck and I hope you get one of the places that you want.

Hi

Thanks for replying :smile:

Yes I think they are worth 21 ucas points each they are level 3 grade

But yes I am feeling a lot better today I just need to be patient haha

Thanks again
Good luck with it, I have just completed an access course too. It never even occured to me the ungraded units would carry UCAS points, you learn something new every day!.
Reply 8
Original post by KanyesVest
Good luck with it, I have just completed an access course too. It never even occured to me the ungraded units would carry UCAS points, you learn something new every day!.

Yes :biggrin: my ungraded pieces of work carry either 3 or 6 credits which is converted into ucas points

Good luck!
Original post by Erxxx
Hi

Thanks for replying :smile:

Yes I think they are worth 21 ucas points each they are level 3 grade

But yes I am feeling a lot better today I just need to be patient haha

Thanks again

Yeah, waiting on unis to make a decision is always really stressful- once you know either way you can make a plan going forwards but until then you're in limbo which is a bit stressful!
Original post by Erxxx
Hi

Sorry to tell you but it sounds like 67 points is correct. The maximum you can get (for 45 distinctions) is 144 points.

Ungraded assignments don't count for points. It says on the ucas calculator that "a total of 45 credits must be applied for tarrif points".

Where are your choices if you don't mind me asking? Perhaps they will still accept you despite not hitting the entry, although they may offer it as a less popular combined degree which they require numbers for, or they might offer a place on a foundation year first.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by AndrewMarkSP
Sorry to tell you but it sounds like 67 points is correct. The maximum you can get (for 45 distinctions) is 144 points.

Ungraded assignments don't count for points. It says on the ucas calculator that "a total of 45 credits must be applied for tarrif points".

Where are your choices if you don't mind me asking? Perhaps they will still accept you despite not hitting the entry, although they may offer it as a less popular combined degree which they require numbers for, or they might offer a place on a foundation year first.

You were right :frown:

i was so shocked with that that amount of points it was very low.. but on the positive side, I have been accepted and got a place to do a foundation degree in my first choice university doing the same subject so I am very happy :biggrin:
the foundation degree will benefit me a lot more

thanks everyone for all your kind advice x
Original post by Erxxx
You were right :frown:

i was so shocked with that that amount of points it was very low.. but on the positive side, I have been accepted and got a place to do a foundation degree in my first choice university doing the same subject so I am very happy :biggrin:

Terrific news! Best of luck.
Original post by Erxxx

Congratulations! I am so pleased for you! :party2:
Reply 14
Original post by KanyesVest
Congratulations! I am so pleased for you! :party2:

Thankyou :biggrin:
I am doing a Law foundation degree, all my friends have already done a level law.. my diploma that I completed this year is my very first time learning about this subject so I feel a lot more relaxed and relieved knowing I have an extra year in my degree to find my feet it has all worked out for the best

thanks again guys ❤️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending