Ask a Nottingham Trent University (NTU) Student Watch

chelseadagg3r
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey!

I'm Chelsea, 20, and I've just finished my first year at Nottingham Trent. I study animation in the department or art and design and live/study on the city campus.

If anyone has any questions about the university or Nottingham itself and wants to hear from a current student about it, feel free to sling them my way!
Mahel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
what's your opinion on the UoN NTU rivalry? is it as fierce as people claim?
chelseadagg3r
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mahel)
what's your opinion on the UoN NTU rivalry? is it as fierce as people claim?
I think it's just a bit of a laugh. You get the odd person that takes it too seriously, but these are few and far between. The NTU vs UoN bar crawls and varsity are good fun and it brings together the students of each uni to rally behind their teams which is nice
markbamo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm going to study my 1st year of Graphic design in NTU and I was looking to buy a laptop that will be good for all the programs used and that could handle the uni demands without issues. I went to see the Postgraduate exhibition this July and saw everything was exposed on Apple products but I am not sure if a Macbook is the best choice. Is there a well organised access to the computers as the University adverstises? and, what computers have you seen in you classmates/would be ideal for the art department courses in your opinion?
chelseadagg3r
Rep:
?
(Original post by markbamo)
I'm going to study my 1st year of Graphic design in NTU and I was looking to buy a laptop that will be good for all the programs used and that could handle the uni demands without issues. I went to see the Postgraduate exhibition this July and saw everything was exposed on Apple products but I am not sure if a Macbook is the best choice. Is there a well organised access to the computers as the University adverstises? and, what computers have you seen in you classmates/would be ideal for the art department courses in your opinion?
Hi! I'm not quite sure what software they use up there, but it's in the same building I study in just on a different floor. They do have Macs in the building that you can use, but there are windows computers available everywhere as well. Chances are at least part of the reason the work was shown on Macs is because the screens are bigger/clearer and happened to be available in the space the exhibition was put on in. Contact the course team and ask them - they'd be your best bet. In mine, we pretty much all use windows laptops/computers. I have both a macbook and a lenovo windows laptop but tend to do my coursework on the latter because the screen is bigger and that's what I work on at uni. A girl that I met who was doing her masters in graphic design worked on both, but had a windows laptop to work on outside of uni
Muhsin786
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’m thinking of studying Graphic Design at NTU, but I heard that there is a lot of racism there. Is that true?
DoritoEvie
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Muhsin786)
I’m thinking of studying Graphic Design at NTU, but I heard that there is a lot of racism there. Is that true?
Hi!
I currently study Graphic Design at NTU and I can assue you I've not come across any racism or problems relating to this. There is an entire buildng focused on Internationals and NTU welcomes anyone. Racism of any kind will be penalised.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
markbamo
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by chelseadagg3r)
Hi! I'm not quite sure what software they use up there, but it's in the same building I study in just on a different floor. They do have Macs in the building that you can use, but there are windows computers available everywhere as well. Chances are at least part of the reason the work was shown on Macs is because the screens are bigger/clearer and happened to be available in the space the exhibition was put on in. Contact the course team and ask them - they'd be your best bet. In mine, we pretty much all use windows laptops/computers. I have both a macbook and a lenovo windows laptop but tend to do my coursework on the latter because the screen is bigger and that's what I work on at uni. A girl that I met who was doing her masters in graphic design worked on both, but had a windows laptop to work on outside of uni
Thank you very much!
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
:woo:

I've added this thread to my HUGE list of similar threads where you can find help and advice from current and former students of loads of universities and courses.
Mahel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
what are the most sociable accommodation choices on city campus?
chelseadagg3r
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mahel)
what are the most sociable accommodation choices on city campus?
Honestly, they're all pretty sociable being on campus. Byron is often seen as the 'party halls' so sociable people are often attracted to it, but they're all nice and social and in Freshers week Freshers reps will go around the flats and help everyone get to know eachother and get ready for a night out. There are no common rooms in the city campus halls but it'll be what you make it
Muhsin786
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by DoritoEvie)
Hi!
I currently study Graphic Design at NTU and I can assue you I've not come across any racism or problems relating to this. There is an entire buildng focused on Internationals and NTU welcomes anyone. Racism of any kind will be penalised.
That’s great to hear!
Jaanvi Kaushik
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey!

I'm Chelsea, 20, and I've just finished my first year at Nottingham Trent. I study animation in the department or art and design and live/study on the city campus.

If anyone has any questions about the university or Nottingham itself and wants to hear from a current student about it, feel free to sling them my way!
Hi, Im from India, im looking for universities for MSc. Management and being an international student the fees is high so i wanted to know if Cardiff is better than NTU? also im getting a one year internship offer from NTU whereas in Cardiff i do not have any visa extension. Which one do you think is better and is NTU actually good?
TheGreyAesthetic
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi there!

I'll be studying film, media and tv next year due to deterred entry and i'm just wondering if there are any places in Nottingham like clubs that play alternative music like rock, pop punk etc?
yukisah
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have a really weird question, I’ve got accepted into a course In Ntu but I’m not sure if I’m still up for it, if I decide to change courses will I be able to even if I don’t have the right qualifications?
PsychTrash
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by TheGreyAesthetic)
Hi there!

I'll be studying film, media and tv next year due to deterred entry and i'm just wondering if there are any places in Nottingham like clubs that play alternative music like rock, pop punk etc?
There may be more around, but Rock City is the first one that comes to mind! Every Saturday they do an alternative night, and on the first Friday of each month they do a alternative 90s night. There's also regularly concerts put on by alternative bands.
Clayton312312
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey!

1. Hi

I am a student of Nottingham Trent University

I would like to know how easy is it to change course in Nottingham Trent University if you want to change course? I'm doing financial mathematics. I was told I meet the criteria in business in my UCAS application times. I'm 100% meet the criteria for Business School Studies

Will they let me in and how hard is it switching from a Mathematics department to a business department if there are currently no spaces left ?

Do I need to wait for someone to dropout first and take the space to be filled ? Will they let me in this year ? I don't want to wait a whole year if there is one empty space available

How does it work and how hard is it to let you change and will they let you if there is an extra space ?
Juju12355
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Can I get into Finance and Accountancy with business (old spec BTEC) IT (old spec BTEC) maths (new spec a level) with D*D*A respectively? If you could estimate?? Thanks for any replies
chelseadagg3r
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheGreyAesthetic)
Hi there!

Rock City, though less so on student nights, is definitely a shout. Mojo too!
chelseadagg3r
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jaanvi Kaushik)
Hi, Im from India, im looking for universities for MSc. Management and being an international student the fees is high so i wanted to know if Cardiff is better than NTU? also im getting a one year internship offer from NTU whereas in Cardiff i do not have any visa extension. Which one do you think is better and is NTU actually good?
I'm sorry, I've never been too/looked into Cardiff myself
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 30 Jan '20

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (221)
12.46%
Excited (166)
9.36%
Worried (309)
17.43%
Terrified (390)
22%
Meh (186)
10.49%
Confused (39)
2.2%