The Student Room Group

Debate: Boxing is the hardest sport...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bang Outta Order
what kinda question is that...who hasnt seen MMA? I also kickbox at my gym. And Im not retracting my statement. Anyone can win a street fight if they're raw enough. Have you ever seen a street fight? It's just rage and insanity. McG might try to grapple May but obvs May will land a punch to the head even if he gets body slammed. Stop underestimating people. Have you even gone for a jog before?

No, the comments you made are completely farcical which suggested that you don't have BT Sport. There is an entire sport, called MMA, which is pretty much street fighting. The angriest person is the person usually losing.

The two examples you gave are bizarre. Kickboxing range, as you well know as an elite kickboxer, is a lot longer than boxing range. To think a boxer is going to get into range to knockout an elite kickboxer does not make sense. It also doesn't make sense that an angry novice could pick up and slam someone who trains in wrestling and BJJ, or indeed get in range to do that.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Notoriety
No, the comments you made are completely farcical which suggested that you don't have BT Sport. There is an entire sport, called MMA, which is pretty much street fighting. The angriest person is the person usually losing.

The two examples you gave are bizarre. Kickboxing range, as you well know as an elite kickboxer, is a lot longer than boxing range. To think a boxer is going to get into range to knockout an elite kickboxer does not make sense. It also doesn't make sense that an angry novice could pick up and slam someone who trains in wrestling and BJJ.

oh blah blah! :toofunny: again have you ever even gone for a jog? dont chat sport to me bruv. We all know you lose breath just walking up steps. :cyber:
oh blah blah! :toofunny: again have you ever even gone for a jog? dont chat sport to me bruv. We all know you lose breath just walking up steps. :cyber:

I am not chatting sports. Cos you changed the subject as you couldn't hang.
Original post by Notoriety
I am not chatting sports. Cos you changed the subject as you couldn't hang.

lmao bruv we're in the sport section!?

:hmmm:

and cant hang? can you even do a pull up??? go to bed haha.
@Notoriety ah I know...haha. you're STILL mad that I won the May/Mac bid. it's been a year just get over it bruv! :lol: stop tryna act like you're more knowledgable. what, you had a year to study it?? :lol: stop tryna wind me up.
@Notoriety ah I know...haha. you're STILL mad that I won the May/Mac bid. it's been a year just get over it bruv! :lol: stop tryna act like you're more knowledgable. what, you had a year to study it?? :lol: stop tryna wind me up.

I am not winding you up. It was clear in that post you didn't knwo what you're talking about and now you're trying to save face by talking about something else: how many press ups you can do. If you could return to the actual discussion, it would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Papa Noto.
I wanna add shopping because it is a sport too. Shopping exercises my lack of self control. I think its the hardest sport.
yeah it was strictly boxing. and you said boxers are "one dimensional" and wouldnt last v. a MMA fighter....

Im saying, clearly you're wrong.

And a street fight, a nerd could win a street fight. It's based on pure rage alone. Not skill. We've never seen floyd fight brutally as boxing has more rules and he's a professional boxer. He has rappers and other athletes twice his size scared of him. He might just body slam McG who knows. Or KO him on sight.

Floyd might body slam or KO Conor on sight?

To that I say, how would Floyd deal with one of Conor's kicks before being able to get into body slam or KO range?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Stalin
Floyd might body slam or KO Conor on sight?

To that I say, how would Floyd deal with one of Conor's kicks before being able to get into body slam or KO range?

Floyd is a professional bob and weaver. He'll bob and weave and like I said, you dont know how floyd fights outside of the ring. In the ring rage isnt allowed and use of skill is limited. Outside the ring=Rage+immense professional skill+legendary athleticism. Conor is a newbie to athletics, compared to Floyd. Floyd will see the kick coming just as he sees the fist coming. Listen, usually, the kick comes in a combo. No one just accepts a kick to the face, especially not a pro. Floyd will see the kick and will not be affected by Conor's snapping jab or bluffs before doing the spinning kick.

So I ask you: how does Conor manage kicking Floyd before Floyd KO's him? I like Conor more, but Im not just gonna say hes gonna win cos he slugs in the cage. So what? I'm going off Floyd's longevity, ASSUMING ALL his fights were not rigged.
Floyd is a professional bob and weaver. He'll bob and weave and like I said, you dont know how floyd fights outside of the ring. In the ring rage isnt allowed and use of skill is limited. Outside the ring=Rage+immense professional skill+legendary athleticism. Conor is a newbie to athletics, compared to Floyd. Floyd will see the kick coming just as he sees the fist coming. Listen, usually, the kick comes in a combo. No one just accepts a kick to the face, especially not a pro. Floyd will see the kick and will not be affected by Conor's snapping jab or bluffs before doing the spinning kick.

So I ask you: how does Conor manage kicking Floyd before Floyd KO's him? I like Conor more, but Im not just gonna say hes gonna win cos he slugs in the cage. So what? I'm going off Floyd's longevity, ASSUMING ALL his fights were not rigged.

I don't know how many Floyd fights you've watched, but he is not renowned for his knockouts, especially in the second half of his career.

Your claim that Floyd would simply walk up to Conor and KO him is laughable. If it were that easy, why didn't Floyd do so in the ring instead of going 10 rounds against him?

The notion that Floyd, a shorter-ranged boxer with no MMA experience, would be able to bob and weave one of Conor's kicks, be it straight to his lead leg, face or simply his trademark probing front kick to establish his range and disrupt his opponent's breathing is nonsensical; however, if, for whatever reason, Floyd managed to dodge one of Conor's kicks, Conor would simply take him to the ground and choke him out and Floyd would be incapable of doing anthing because his BJJ/grappling/wrestling skills are non-existent.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by LennieBennie
I wanna add shopping because it is a sport too. Shopping exercises my lack of self control. I think its the hardest sport.

Think that self control is relative in terms of shopping. If people are stingy and have not so much money on account, keep control is easier than someone thinks it is. :lol:
Well I'm broke so idk what that says about me...
Original post by Stalin
I don't know how many Floyd fights you've watched, but he is not renowned for his knockouts, especially in the second half of his career.

Your claim that Floyd would simply walk up to Conor and KO him is laughable. If it were that easy, why didn't Floyd do so in the ring instead of going 10 rounds against him?

The notion that Floyd, a shorter-ranged boxer with no MMA experience, would be able to bob and weave one of Conor's kicks, be it straight to his lead leg, face or simply his trademark probing front kick to establish his range and disrupt his opponent's breathing is nonsensical; however, if, for whatever reason, Floyd managed to dodge one of Conor's kicks, Conor would simply take him to the ground and choke him out and Floyd would be incapable of doing anthing because his BJJ/grappling/wrestling skills are non-existent.

Lol Idk how many Floyd fights you've watched but in his earlier career he constantly ko'd or stopped people! And in his more recent fights..bruh do you know the business?? Lasting the fight and not killing them early on is a moneymaker for Floyd..it's not MMA where people wanna see a nasty quick KO, they really do wanna see BOXING and skill to get their moneys worth. The fights are 12 rounds for a reason..it's about boxing not KO'ing. Also like I said and this wont permeate your brain for some reason but again you've only seen Floyd fight professionally. You've never seen him angry. The only time we saw him angry IN the ring was vs Victor Ortiz WHICH I SAW LIVE and he KO'd him when he got angry at Victor during a timeout for talking **** in his face. Floyd has it in him to fight, you're dumb if you think a pro boxer only is capable of what they are stipulated to show in the ring during a match :lol: you dont understand athleticism nor fighting. Boxing is a self defense sport and a huge business, it's about lasting. Ask anyone. Also one aggressive move in or out the ring and they lose their licence. That doesnt mean they cant kick your ass quick when angry.
Reply 53
bro as a martial artist I understand and appreciate the strength and skill and work needed for boxing but no sport is the hardest sport. I do taekwondo and I could say the same as I'm always training hard... kicking high and punching hard and what not.
Lol Idk how many Floyd fights you've watched but in his earlier career he constantly ko'd or stopped people! And in his more recent fights..bruh do you know the business?? Lasting the fight and not killing them early on is a moneymaker for Floyd..it's not MMA where people wanna see a nasty quick KO, they really do wanna see BOXING and skill to get their moneys worth. The fights are 12 rounds for a reason..it's about boxing not KO'ing. Also like I said and this wont permeate your brain for some reason but again you've only seen Floyd fight professionally. You've never seen him angry. The only time we saw him angry IN the ring was vs Victor Ortiz WHICH I SAW LIVE and he KO'd him when he got angry at Victor during a timeout for talking **** in his face. Floyd has it in him to fight, you're dumb if you think a pro boxer only is capable of what they are stipulated to show in the ring during a match :lol: you dont understand athleticism nor fighting. Boxing is a self defense sport and a huge business, it's about lasting. Ask anyone. Also one aggressive move in or out the ring and they lose their licence. That doesnt mean they cant kick your ass quick when angry.

You still haven't told me how Floyd would deal with Conor's probing front kicks or one of his head kicks; let alone, how he would deal with Conor's considerably greater grappling, wrestling and BJJ skills.

If Floyd has such KO power, why was his gameplan to let Conor fatigue himself - why didn't he KO Conor in the first round?

Additionally, if Floyd is such a badass, why doesn't he fight Conor in the Octagon, KO him within seconds and prove that boxers > mixed martial artists in an MMA environment?

The reason is simple: Conor would choke Floyd unconscious within seconds or kick him until he gave up/his corner threw the white towel. And if Floyd believed that he coud KO Conor in the Octagon, there is no reason to believe that he wouldn't call Conor out, go on a world tour to promote the fight, make the most money in his career and in the history of combat sports, cement his legacy as the greatest of all time, and prove to the world that boxers are the elite martial artists.

The fact that he has absolutely no interest in doing so suggests to me that he knows full-well, like everyone, aside from your delusional self, that Conor would destroy him within seconds.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Stalin
You still haven't told me how Floyd would deal with Conor's probing front kicks or one of his head kicks; let alone, how he would deal with Conor's considerably greater grappling, wrestling and BJJ skills.

If Floyd has such KO power, why was his gameplan to let Conor fatigue himself - why didn't he KO Conor in the first round?

Additionally, if Floyd is such a badass, why doesn't he fight Conor in the Octagon, KO him within seconds and prove that boxers > mixed martial artists in an MMA environment?

The reason is simple: Conor would choke Floyd unconscious within seconds or kick him until he gave up/his corner threw the white towel. And if Floyd believed that he coud KO Conor in the Octagon, there is no reason to believe that he wouldn't call Conor out, go on a world tour to promote the fight, make the most money in his career and in the history of combat sports, cement his legacy as the greatest of all time, and prove to the world that boxers are the elite martial artists.

The fact that he has absolutely no interest in doing so suggests to me that he knows full-well, like everyone, aside from your delusional self, that Conor would destroy him within seconds.

Maybe you should try READING what I said instead of obtusely repeating yourself while quoting me.

Like I said:

If Floyd LASTS all 12 rounds in a boxing match, that's MORE money. He fights to entertain, not KO on sight. He's not an amateur trying to prove himself anymore, as he did when he was an amateur. I dont understand how it's "delusion" to believe what I've SEEN. You've NEVER SEEN Conor "destroy" anyone as professional or skilled as Floyd. You're just being stubborn and delusional yourself. Also I already answered that Floyd would bob and weave then KO before Conor even has time to do his fancy spin kicks. If you seriously think someone who punches for a living can't knock someone out in a street fight you're stupid.You don't understand the business, you're not a real fan. You must be one of those guys who got suckered into bidding your monthly rent on Conor v Floyd.
(edited 5 years ago)
I know who the best boxer around is right now and he's going to win me a lot of money. But :shhh:
Maybe you should try READING what I said instead of obtusely repeating yourself while quoting me.

Like I said:

If Floyd LASTS all 12 rounds in a boxing match, that's MORE money. He fights to entertain, not KO on sight. He's not an amateur trying to prove himself anymore, as he did when he was an amateur. I dont understand how it's "delusion" to believe what I've SEEN. You've NEVER SEEN Conor "destroy" anyone as professional or skilled as Floyd. You're just being stubborn and delusional yourself. Also I already answered that Floyd would bob and weave then KO before Conor even has time to do his fancy spin kicks. If you seriously think someone who punches for a living can't knock someone out in a street fight you're stupid.You don't understand the business, you're not a real fan. You must be one of those guys who got suckered into bidding your monthly rent on Conor v Floyd.

Bob and weave one of his kicks.

You know nothing.

:rofl2:
Original post by Stalin
Bob and weave one of his kicks.

You know nothing.

:rofl2:

an overreaction from you means you know nothing and it's just a huge copout.

do you even know what bob and weave is? you can dodge a kick and strike once you do. again, who takes a kick to the face???

bob and weave is a common boxing move you mong, it means bend the leg to duck and then bounce to the side and usually attack from there. Sweetheart. He's obv gonna move like a boxer, not an MMA artist.

Quick Reply

Latest