joanna1997n
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So this might sound very silly however , I have failed one of my assigments this year which means I was not able to graduate with my friends. I will have my graduation ceremony in February. And the question is . Has any of you had the ceremony later than your friends ? Is the ceremony similar or is there only couple of people and it is not as official as the first ceremony?
Supernova36
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I remember my ceremony for my BA and we were assigned graduation days that didn’t necessarily coincide with my friends but it was still a great celebration!

My MA will be a winter graduation, too !
amihalo
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The winter graduation is just as official but is smaller as it is mostly MA students who have a different year pattern (they usually submit the dissertation around September). Certainly not just a couple of people so don't worry about that.
I think the winter graduation is actually rather nicer as you get all the 'ceremony' of the occasion but aren't lost in the thousands of people and their families that you get at the July graduation.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills ā€“ LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (137)
59.57%
Yes- I don't like it (10)
4.35%
No- I want it (66)
28.7%
No- I don't want it (17)