My boyfriend is getting obsessive about me and i don't know how to deal with it Watch

Almostaqueen
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
My boyfriend is tooo in love with me and places me above everything, even his family. At first that sounded sweet but now it's really getting out of hand because he gets messed up bad even if we don't get to see each other for a day. He's emotionally weak, has major self inferiority complex, doesn't like spending time with his friends anymore and says he'll DIE without me. He can do anything to for me( or to make me stay), even if it means going against his own self-respect or leaving his family. He has made me his everything- his motivation, his family, his life. The thought of not being able to see me even gives him heartbleeds and makes him hyper af. It is because of this obsessive behaviour of his, that i feel like i'm no longer in love with him. Infact, this behaviour also manages to scare me sometimes. It's like i cant leave him nor do i want to stay. I'm really stressed. How should i deal with it?
Showaddywaddy
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I had this issue once with a guy. I lived in Northumberland and He lived in Burnley yet he insisted on sending me 20+ messages a day until I responded. If we did not see each other for like 5 days he would constantly call me asking to meet up. If I told him I could not afford to constantly go back and forth (which was a lie but was just a waste of money) he would instantly think I was not interested or that I was cheating.

We are no longer together but not for that reason.. anyway I managed to slow down the obsession/Insecurity a bit just by talking to him slowly and privately about the situation. I told him I was not comfortable about his emotions and that it was getting a little too much. His reaction was what I expected, you know being jumpy and asking questions about what I was asking and questioning the relationship but I kept reassuring him that I still loved him etc etc and that he should just be well "normal" in terms of the devotion to the relationship. Eventually it got to him.

Essentially I would try to quietly talk to him about the problem, dont push too much on to him instantly considering he seems really emotionally unstable, just take things slowly and hope for the best.

Take my experience how you want to deal with the situation. Hope the best for you xxx
Bulletzone
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Almostaqueen)
My boyfriend is tooo in love with me and places me above everything, even his family. At first that sounded sweet but now it's really getting out of hand because he gets messed up bad even if we don't get to see each other for a day. He's emotionally weak, has major self inferiority complex, doesn't like spending time with his friends anymore and says he'll DIE without me. He can do anything to for me( or to make me stay), even if it means going against his own self-respect or leaving his family. He has made me his everything- his motivation, his family, his life. The thought of not being able to see me even gives him heartbleeds and makes him hyper af. It is because of this obsessive behaviour of his, that i feel like i'm no longer in love with him. Infact, this behaviour also manages to scare me sometimes. It's like i cant leave him nor do i want to stay. I'm really stressed. How should i deal with it?
This doesn't sound like a healthy relationship.

Take him onto the Jeremy Kyle show, it'll be a laugh and you can make an AMA.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
This is what happens when you date someone who is not fulfilled in their own lives and are not happy or love themselves - they become needy and you become their only source of happiness. The only thing you can do is break up with him and then he has to work on loving himself and being able to make himself happy instead of hoping a relationship will do that for him. You've unfortunately met him at an unstable time in his life and in an area he needs to work on himself. There is nothing you can do to fix it and it's certainly not your obligation to. If allowed to continue, this behaviour can cause serious issues down the line such as stalking, threatening behaviour etc.
as125
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
That guy is what people would call a "cuck"
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
He needs to spend more time working on his own confidence, values and self-esteem before committing to any kind of serious relationship. His behaviour is unhealthy and, as you've said, borderline obsessive. I would want to break it off if I were you, just make sure you do it in a calm and sensitive way.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (35)
7.25%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (285)
59.01%
No (163)
33.75%

Watched Threads