Date good looking guys but they never want more? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm having a bit of a conundrum. Generally, all the guys I end up dating or seeing are very good looking... but none of them ever seem to want more. I am very bad at telling people how I feel and like to put up a barrier because I have had too much hurt in my life. None of them have given me any reason to feel like I can put it down and it's never gone anywhere. I've never laid my cards on the table so that could been the problem but I think if a guys interested in more he will chase you. Equally, none of them have actually ended up in relationships after me so I feel like the issue partly isn't me and they're still young wanting to play the field. That said, I feel like that would change for them if the right girl came along and that wasn't me.

I'm not really sure what the problem is and I'm starting to feel quite insecure about my looks, like I'm not attractive enough for them to take it to the next level? Honestly my thinking is pretty messed up right now. Could this be the case?

I can't see myself dating someone I don't find attractive inside and out but equally maybe I am going for guys that are "out of my league" and I need to try and change my ideals on what I find physically attractive?
AndrewSCO
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you're making it seem like you aren't interested then guys might not want to chase you. I wouldn't tbh, I don't really play games, if a girl isn't replying much, or starting conversations, or suggesting to do things or being cagey when I suggest to do things then I'll take that she isn't interesting and probably lose interest myself. I don't know if this is what you're doing though.
super_hannah
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No don't change who you are & what you like just because guys aren't interested right now. They're probably still just immature & wanting to enjoy the single life. I would go for an older guy who actually is interested in a relationship. But also, not actively searching for a relationship actually helps as well. Just be yourself and I promise you, you will find someone who wants the same things as you
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by super_hannah)
No don't change who you are & what you like just because guys aren't interested right now. They're probably still just immature & wanting to enjoy the single life. I would go for an older guy who actually is interested in a relationship. But also, not actively searching for a relationship actually helps as well. Just be yourself and I promise you, you will find someone who wants the same things as you
I don't even know where to meet older guys that aren't too old! haha... I am not ready to settle down into the house, dog and 2.4 kids by any means but I feel ready to start meeting the guy that could potentially be the one I do that with. I've been not-looking for a relationship since my last one ended 2 years ago and nothing has happened... and now I feel like I am getting a bit old and I should start looking more! I'm 24.
experienced69
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
none of them ever seem to want more. I am very bad at telling people how I feel and like to put up a barrier
With this approach you shouldn't be surprised at the outcome.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm having a bit of a conundrum. Generally, all the guys I end up dating or seeing are very good looking... but none of them ever seem to want more. I am very bad at telling people how I feel and like to put up a barrier because I have had too much hurt in my life. None of them have given me any reason to feel like I can put it down and it's never gone anywhere. I've never laid my cards on the table so that could been the problem but I think if a guys interested in more he will chase you. Equally, none of them have actually ended up in relationships after me so I feel like the issue partly isn't me and they're still young wanting to play the field. That said, I feel like that would change for them if the right girl came along and that wasn't me.

I'm not really sure what the problem is and I'm starting to feel quite insecure about my looks, like I'm not attractive enough for them to take it to the next level? Honestly my thinking is pretty messed up right now. Could this be the case?

I can't see myself dating someone I don't find attractive inside and out but equally maybe I am going for guys that are "out of my league" and I need to try and change my ideals on what I find physically attractive?
It would seem you have a choice to make.
MWills99
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It seems like you're not giving them vibes that you're interested, yet you're complaining that they aren't interested?! Why would someone chase you when you seem disinterested? It would be futile from their point of view.

With your looks, if you can constantly keep dating these attractive people, more likely than not, you're attractive yourself
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (109)
17.99%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
26.9%
Not great so far... (217)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.31%

Watched Threads