What’s prestigious about prestigious universities Watch

ElectricWarrior
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Many of the students there report a crap educational and living experience with crap support, teaching, accommodation and almost everything else.

I always thought that students go to universities for the teaching, that’s the point yet universities not considered prestigious like UEA or Surrey crap on the likes of LSE, UCL...etc for students satisfied with the teaching and support.

It’s like being told Pepsi is the healthiest drink ever and it ends up giving you diabetes 🙄
Joservela
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ElectricWarrior)
Many of the students there report a crap educational and living experience with crap support, teaching, accommodation and almost everything else.

I always thought that students go to universities for the teaching, that’s the point yet universities not considered prestigious like UEA or Surrey crap on the likes of LSE, UCL...etc for students satisfied with the teaching and support.

It’s like being told Pepsi is the healthiest drink ever and it ends up giving you diabetes 🙄
It’s the professionals they graduate. Usually since those Unis are filled with people that think because they go there they will be successful, those unis don’t care about students as long as you pay your tuition. In the other hand, smaller unis is where most students have great experiences because they do care about the student body. It happens here in America too with the Ivy League...
RoyalBeams
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Most students go to university for the life opportunities that the university offers them afterwards, not the teaching.

What makes a university prestigious is its history, reputation, brand (preferably global), alumni that have attended, selectivity, financial resources and the ease of getting top jobs (salary-wise or status-wise) by graduating from it.

Those are what makes a university prestigious locally in all countries in all parts of the world.

That is what LSE and UCL have over UEA and Surrey that makes them more prestigious. Teaching is for wimps.
pobjoy777
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

People are desperate to go to Oxford and Cambridge because of the romantic buildings.
ddsizebra
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by pobjoy777)
People are desperate to go to Oxford and Cambridge because of the romantic buildings.
lol I don't think the students there have time for romantic times. Plus the uniforms they wear isn't at all nice to look at.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (114)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (34)
19.88%
Yes but I might change my mind (23)
13.45%

Watched Threads