The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Being gay is still not considered as normal by some people.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dralexus
As long as there are religious people, gays and lesbian would never be accepted fully.

Has nothing to do with religious people, homophobia is a recent thing which has only existed over the past few hundred years.
Original post by jaffafa
its just wrong.

Says who?
Reply 82
As long as there are religious people, gays and lesbian would never be accepted fully.

True
Original post by Nathan Scott
Has nothing to do with religious people, homophobia is a recent thing which has only existed over the past few hundred years.

So you are telling me a fully muslim/christian familly would accept your friend Willy and get married ???
Reply 84

:curious:
So you are telling me a fully muslim/christian familly would accept your friend Willy and get married ???

In case you didn’t notice, most ‘religious’ people against homosexuality don’t follow their religion properly anyway. There are plenty of atheist/agnostic people against homosexuality
Hell, not to mention the fact biologically we weren't created to have sex/love with the same sex. There are so many actual good points against gay and lesbians, but It's not like you can cure people's mental states and interests, as before treating these people as sick and the methods to "cure" they were inhumane. Do you think if parents could just give you a pill and make you straight again, they won't do it? Or at least most? Religious people believe you are sick, it's against our biology and In my eyes these people would never be accepted as normal by everyone. I don't hate gays and lesbians, but I hate when in every TV show/movie there are some, I understand the push of quality and etc, but realistically these people are minority and would stay like that unless men and women are born with 2 genitals. I AM NOT HOMOPHOBIC!!!
(edited 5 years ago)
That's because it isnt the norm to be gay. It is usual to be straight. Nothing wrong with gays tho.

I'd disagree with you there.I think it has quite a lot to do with religion.Homosexuality has only been criminalized since the Roman empire became Christian.Pretty much all of the Islamic world is homophobic.I don't think that's coincidence.
Reply 89
Actually it is valid everywhere. Your toxic mindset contributes to the dehumanisation of millions of people and yes, leads to death, whether directly or indirectly.

No it does not. Baseless victim mentality.
Reply 90
Uh maybe because labelling people as abnormal IS dehumanising? Also, common =/= normal.

The reproductive organs have a purpose. You really think misusing them is normal in a biological sense? I wasn't trying to insult but I will defend to the death my right to think clearly and will not allow others to impose their ideas on me.

We disagree, get over it. Why must I give you my blessing for your inappropriate behaviour? You carry on, leave me out of it.
Reply 91

WTF.
So you're saying society set up NORMAL over 1000s of years. Then you lot came along doing things weirdly and you expect society to say you are normal. Really?
Reply 92
The original poster is seeking to demonise anyone not accepting gays to be normal. He/she seeks to outlaw freedom of thought and expression which is borderline fascism.

Let that sink in.
Original post by ukrj
The original poster is seeking to demonise anyone not accepting gays to be normal. He/she seeks to outlaw freedom of thought and expression which is borderline fascism.

Let that sink in.

pretty much the majority of western society already does that.🤷
For humans, homosexual behavior is not considered normal for several reasons. First is Christianity. Please be aware that I am not hating about Christians. I have many friends who are Christian including my best friends. I am just stating my opinion. Religion no matter how you look at it is started from humans. Many heterosexual people see homosexual behavior as abnormal because homosexual behavior does not result in offspring and sex is for offspring. The pleasure is an enticement to have more sex and therefore have a greater chance of keeping the human race alive. Also, more people are heterosexual than homosexual, so people get the mentality “Everyone but a few are heterosexual therefore being heterosexual is normal.” Then, those people (let’s be honest, most people back then do not think that homosexuality is normal) include that in their religion that spread to others who grow up believing in that religion and therefore homosexuality is abnormal. Christianity is what I mentioned because it and its other branches is the main religion of the world. Second is male pride. For two men to have sex, one male must “submit” to the other male. This will chafe at many men’s pride as “submitting” means being weak and therefore a females as females are supposed to be weak and submit. (This is meant to be an insult to females as I am one, but this is just what the cavemen in men think.) Other makes when then see the “submissive” men as weak and outcast them from the group as if there’s a weak man among them that’s a weak link that may get them all killed by the saber tooth tiger. Please note that I am describing the baser instinct in men. We see this in Ancient Greece. They viewed the one penatrating as superior and masculine and the one receiving as weak and feminine. Gender was not as big deal back then. It became a big deal with the spread of Christianity. My male friends all express the same opinion when I talk to them about this. The reason I didn’t include female pride is because I just don’t know enough to support that conclusion. However, in animals, homosexual behavior is completely normal as seen with probably the best example bonobos who have sex with other bonobos regardless of the gender. All in all, only humans probably view homosexuality as odd as humans have the ability to do critical thinking that other animals can’t. Please note that this is merely my opinion and not me spreading hate about others. Hope this gives you some food for thought. If you reply, please give me a reply that’s constructive, logical, and gives me food for thought. I will ignore haters.
Reply 95
Original post by dandan312
I've been reading your replies and tbh I am utterly confused by what you are saying. If everyone on this planet was gay or attracted to the opposite sex, how would we, as a species, continue to live on? The only way humans can reproduce is by one man and one woman coming together to create a child. It has been that way for thousands of years, why should it change?

Unless you are talking about artificial insemination being used as a method of procreation, your argument makes no sense

Well there would still be a desire for people to have children even if everyone was gay. This would just mean people would have sex with the opposite sex for that purpose only, ignoring other methods.

This would cut out all unwanted children as well and we may be better for it, though this will never happen.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by ukrj
WTF.
So you're saying society set up NORMAL over 1000s of years. Then you lot came along doing things weirdly and you expect society to say you are normal. Really?

When did I say I was gay? Lmao, I’m just pointing out your idiocy
Reply 97
When did I say I was gay? Lmao, I’m just pointing out your idiocy

You may not be gay, but you are an apologist for their ideology. You share their thinking, my comment is fair and you are the one exhibiting intolerant idiocy. I'm not seeking to change your views or make you think as I do. But you are trying to put down those who disagree with you.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Blueishlish
For humans, homosexual behavior is not considered normal for several reasons. First is Christianity. Please be aware that I am not hating about Christians. I have many friends who are Christian including my best friends. I am just stating my opinion. Religion no matter how you look at it is started from humans. Many heterosexual people see homosexual behavior as abnormal because homosexual behavior does not result in offspring and sex is for offspring. The pleasure is an enticement to have more sex and therefore have a greater chance of keeping the human race alive. Also, more people are heterosexual than homosexual, so people get the mentality “Everyone but a few are heterosexual therefore being heterosexual is normal.” Then, those people (let’s be honest, most people back then do not think that homosexuality is normal) include that in their religion that spread to others who grow up believing in that religion and therefore homosexuality is abnormal. Christianity is what I mentioned because it and its other branches is the main religion of the world. Second is male pride. For two men to have sex, one male must “submit” to the other male. This will chafe at many men’s pride as “submitting” means being weak and therefore a females as females are supposed to be weak and submit. (This is meant to be an insult to females as I am one, but this is just what the cavemen in men think.) Other makes when then see the “submissive” men as weak and outcast them from the group as if there’s a weak man among them that’s a weak link that may get them all killed by the saber tooth tiger. Please note that I am describing the baser instinct in men. We see this in Ancient Greece. They viewed the one penatrating as superior and masculine and the one receiving as weak and feminine. Gender was not as big deal back then. It became a big deal with the spread of Christianity. My male friends all express the same opinion when I talk to them about this. The reason I didn’t include female pride is because I just don’t know enough to support that conclusion. However, in animals, homosexual behavior is completely normal as seen with probably the best example bonobos who have sex with other bonobos regardless of the gender. All in all, only humans probably view homosexuality as odd as humans have the ability to do critical thinking that other animals can’t. Please note that this is merely my opinion and not me spreading hate about others. Hope this gives you some food for thought. If you reply, please give me a reply that’s constructive, logical, and gives me food for thought. I will ignore haters.

It is the 21st century, I stand by what I said that anyone who says being gay is unnatural or disgusting needs to take a long hard look at themselves
Original post by ukrj
WTF.

Homosexuality isn't just a recent thing you know.Its not like it's only been around 50 years.Its been around for at least 5000 years and probably a lot longer.The oldest recorded instance was ancient Egypt.So it's not a recent thing at all.

Latest

Trending

Trending