The Student Room Group

Biomedical science wider reading

I would really appreciate if someone could recommend some books or articles for wider reading which is related to biomedical science, thanks!
Original post by honeybee1
I would really appreciate if someone could recommend some books or articles for wider reading which is related to biomedical science, thanks!

Just choosing a random book/article within the subject to use as wider reading won't add much to your personal statement.

Something that would be much better would be considering your work experience or academic experiences related to the subject, picking one area or topic that really interested you or made you feel passionate and then going on to read an article or book chapter to further your understanding. This way, you are demonstrating the sort of skills needed for self-directed learning at university.

Have a look on Google Scholar or Nature - Plenty of articles on biomed available there!

This majorly depends on the topic you wish to read, especially since biomed is a very diverse science. Different books and articles talk about different things. Maybe make a list of topics you want to read up on and search for articles for those topics specifically.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending