?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Is it the same for all exam boards?
SkyRunner61
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Usually the day of if not slightly before results day, so around the 23rd of August. Would depend on the exam board I imagine
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Joanne2001
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Last year it was the morning of the results day or the day before I think
entertainmyfaith
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
should be released on results day in the morning.
_gcx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Officially results day.

Expect them to circulate on Twitter when they are released to centres the day before, as is what happened last year. Particularly because of the hype of the 9-1 sciences I would expect something similar this year.
imnotacat
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
All UK boards (are supposed to) publish grade boundaries at the same time. When I say all 'UK' boards I am not including Scotland nor Northern Ireland.
Historically, they released them the day before results day up until last year (Summer 2017) when they decided to change it so that they are released on the morning of results day in a bid to "reduce pupil panic" and "promote well-being"
Kian Stevens
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by imnotacat)
All UK boards (are supposed to) publish grade boundaries at the same time. When I say all 'UK' boards I am not including Scotland nor Northern Ireland.
Historically, they released them the day before results day up until last year (Summer 2017) when they decided to change it so that they are released on the morning of results day in a bid to "reduce pupil panic" and "promote well-being"
So basically you could've just said 'English and Welsh boards...' instead?
Switch01
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by imnotacat)
If they really wanted to promote well-being and reduce pupil panic they shouldnt have changed the GCSEs and introduced the 9-1 system so people arent worried about whether 20 god damn percent is a pass
monostable
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
On results day. As _gcx said, I presume there will be 1 or 2 leaks for core subjects.
yayaya2000
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Switch01)
If they really wanted to promote well-being and reduce pupil panic they shouldnt have changed the GCSEs and introduced the 9-1 system so people arent worried about whether 20 god damn percent is a pass
AGREED
Skeletonclique21
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
its usually 8am on results day. i'd check the exam board websites but that's what it was last year
Kian Stevens
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Switch01)
They introduced the 9-1 system to enable the top achievers to achieve even more. Why should someone getting consistent A*'s be fixed to that when they can push themselves to do even better? Don't forget that there are a few more attainable grades with the 9-1 system, hence a C could be considered a 5 OR a 6...

It literally has nothing to to with well-being and panic - only you can have poor well-being and do nothing but panic all because of '20 God damn percent'. Maybe if you kept your calm and strived for success, which is what pretty much every college/university/workforce wants nowadays, you wouldn't be complaining about the new system and instead you'd be seeing the advantages of it.
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Kian Stevens)
a C could be considered a 5 OR a 6...
A C is a 4 or a low 5.
Kian Stevens
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Compost)
A C is a 4 or a low 5.
My mistake. I'm not very used to the specific boundaries since I've never used them.
Iahmed512
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Skeletonclique21)
its usually 8am on results day. i'd check the exam board websites but that's what it was last year
Yeah it is for aqa, and for edexcel and ocr 6am.
Iahmed512
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by dvx)
On results day. As _gcx said, I presume there will be 1 or 2 leaks for core subjects.
Maybe the day before but not on the day itself as that's when the boundaries are released so it would be pointless as it would literally only be a few hours before it's available
Iahmed512
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Kian Stevens)
They introduced the 9-1 system to enable the top achievers to achieve even more. Why should someone getting consistent A*'s be fixed to that when they can push themselves to do even better? Don't forget that there are a few more attainable grades with the 9-1 system, hence a C could be considered a 5 OR a 6...

It literally has nothing to to with well-being and panic - only you can have poor well-being and do nothing but panic all because of '20 God damn percent'. Maybe if you kept your calm and strived for success, which is what pretty much every college/university/workforce wants nowadays, you wouldn't be complaining about the new system and instead you'd be seeing the advantages of it.
Yeah so it's not going to be a good thing for the remaining 93% of people since with the old spec around 7% got an A*, or the remaining 97% won't either, as grade 9 is higher than an A* so they expect 3% of people to get a 9.
princess770
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
They would release a day before results day
Your Local Cat
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
The grade boundaries for physics will be... Interesting.
Iahmed512
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by princess770)
They would release a day before results day
No, it's on the day of results day. ☺️
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
18.77%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (70)
10.03%
No I am happy with my course choice (399)
57.16%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (98)
14.04%

Watched Threads