The Student Room Group

Help!

My university had offered me a place on a course. They then sent a confirmation offer email to my old archived UCAS account. They then told me that I cannot have a place as I do not meet the entry requirements. Is this legally allowed?
Original post by pgale123
My university had offered me a place on a course. They then sent a confirmation offer email to my old archived UCAS account. They then told me that I cannot have a place as I do not meet the entry requirements. Is this legally allowed?

I'm a bit confused...how did they have access to an old account of yours? Did you apply to them originally through that account?
Were there any differences between your accounts which meant your open account didn't meet the entrance requirements, but the old one did?
How quickly did they tell you you didn't have a place after they offered it? If I'm recalling correctly, there's a certain time limit it may be okay, after that they shouldn't (but I doubt it's illegal regardless)
Reply 2
As the account was still accessible, when I spoke to UCAS they said it was archived and no offers could be sent to it. I did apply through that account and rang them within 24 hours to let them know of the issue and they gave me an extension without a time limit. I then rang again to see if there was a time limit and the guy on the phone said no. There is no difference in the accounts, they just simply told me I do not meet the requirements.
Original post by pgale123
As the account was still accessible, when I spoke to UCAS they said it was archived and no offers could be sent to it. I did apply through that account and rang them within 24 hours to let them know of the issue and they gave me an extension without a time limit. I then rang again to see if there was a time limit and the guy on the phone said no. There is no difference in the accounts, they just simply told me I do not meet the requirements.

Hmm, I haven't come across this problem before...
Do you know what the requirement is they say you haven't met? If not then I'd say you need to find that out. It may be that they made a mistake on giving you an offer in the first place but I'm not sure what the position would be on this

PQ
x

Any suggestions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending