The Student Room Group

UniKitOut or do it yourself?

So I'm moving into an accomodation and I am only able to bring a limited amount of luggage due to flight restrictions. Since I need to but housewares, I am thinking about getting everything from UniKitOut but they are expensive. would it be cheaper to go and buy the things myself once I am there?
Original post by VerAl1504
So I'm moving into an accomodation and I am only able to bring a limited amount of luggage due to flight restrictions. Since I need to but housewares, I am thinking about getting everything from UniKitOut but they are expensive. would it be cheaper to go and buy the things myself once I am there?

Most likely, either this company operates at a loss or you are paying for the convenience of it. Just lost what you need and then buy it from a big store somewhere in the city.
Original post by VerAl1504

There will be shops nearby. Just buy all of your goods yourself online or from a retailer like Wilkinsons/Argos etc.
If you're in any decent city/town just head to the nearest tesco/wilko/etc, get everything in one place (bedding, kitchen stuff etc) and then take a taxi home. Or buy online from a supermarket and have it delivered the night you arrive.

Quick Reply

Latest