The Student Room Group

i failed my pharmacy course

hello

i failed my pharmacy course and i was told to withdraw.

what can i do next?

they said ill get a diploma in higher education in science but what can i do with that?

any help will be great thanks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by modella
hello

i failed my pharmacy course and i was told to withdraw.

what can i do next?

they said ill get a diploma in higher education in science but what can i do with that?

any help will be great thanks

Can’t you retake some stuff? Or redo a year?
Why did you fail?
Reply 2
Original post by Little Popcorns
Can’t you retake some stuff? Or redo a year?
Why did you fail?

No they said I can’t retake any.

I failed because I didn’t pass my modules
Reply 3
Original post by modella

Well, no ****.
Reply 4
Original post by Profesh
Well, no ****.

Ok
Original post by modella
No they said I can’t retake any.

Right you should be able to retake. Did you have any exceptional factors?
Reply 6
Right you should be able to retake. Did you have any exceptional factors?

No I don’t have any exceptional factors.

They just said I did badly that they told me to withdraw.
Hmm you need to speak to your personal tutor. There may be things you can use as exceptional factors that you don’t think you can e.g. stress etc if you get a doctors note. But quite often they’ll let you retake the year anyway! See your personal tutor.
Reply 8
Hmm you need to speak to your personal tutor. There may be things you can use as exceptional factors that you don’t think you can e.g. stress etc if you get a doctors note. But quite often they’ll let you retake the year anyway! See your personal tutor.

Thanks but I doubt that’ll work. But I’ll try.
Original post by modella
Thanks but I doubt that’ll work. But I’ll try.

It’s important to do it most people don’t get kicked out on their first attempt.
Which year are you in?
Reply 11
How many modules did you fail? It's odd to be asked to withdraw without the option to retake.
Clarify a few things. How many modules did you fail? How many components of each module did you fail?
If they will not change their mind regarding not allowing you to resit then it's not the end of the world. Take some time off to clear your head and reconsider whether pharmacy was even for you.
Reply 13
Original post by Newbie_noob
Which year are you in?

3rd
Reply 14
Original post by cxlvin
How many modules did you fail? It's odd to be asked to withdraw without the option to retake.

I failed 4 out of 5 modules
Reply 15
Original post by Mr Optimist
Clarify a few things. How many modules did you fail? How many components of each module did you fail?
If they will not change their mind regarding not allowing you to resit then it's not the end of the world. Take some time off to clear your head and reconsider whether pharmacy was even for you.

Thanks for your advice. Tbh I failed 4 out of 5 of my modules.

I was considering on changing my degree completely and studying at the open university instead.
Original post by modella
3rd

I'm in a **** situation as well, I am also in my third year of pharmacy and I have to pass a competency exam, it is super hard for me and I am on my last attempt, if I fail I don't get the mpharm but a bsc instead. I feel like I am not gonna make it.
Reply 17
I'm in a **** situation as well, I am also in my third year of pharmacy and I have to pass a competency exam, it is super hard for me and I am on my last attempt, if I fail I don't get the mpharm but a bsc instead. I feel like I am not gonna make it.

Well I wish you luck. 🤞🏾 I’m only getting a certificate of higher education 😣

I’ve already decided that pharmacy isn’t for me. Gonna try and do a business and accounting course instead
Original post by modella
Well I wish you luck. 🤞🏾 I’m only getting a certificate of higher education 😣

I’ve already decided that pharmacy isn’t for me. Gonna try and do a business and accounting course instead

Yeh I feel the same, the more I study it the more I dislike it, pharmacy has a bleak outlook anyway. Think of it like this, those who don't make it and end up in another secure career will be ahead of those pharmacists who realise in a decades time how much the industry becomes automated and maybe made redundant.

stay positive mate.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending