?
Report 1 year ago
BBC. Says it all
-Eirlys-
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm fed up of all this "privilege" stuff. There will always be people better off than you in numerous ways with more opportunity, but there will always be people beneath you who do not have what you have or your opportunities, so trying to single out certain aspects to almost attack a group of people who did not choose their race, their build, whether they were born into wealth etc. is so pointless to me and insights hatred.

BBC Three has turned into a super liberal place now, so you can ignore most of what they post. I'm not fat or super thin, I still get comments every time I tuck into a pizza from my family. :lol: I've been told to eat more by others.
Trying to basically shame thin/healthy people for being that way is ridiculous; it's not our fault that obesity is not a normal/healthy way for a human body to be, despite what people like to say, so you stick out like a sore thumb and get some flack for it.
AnimalJamRocks
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No. I’m underweight and can confirm it’s NOT a privilege.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Milax1x
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No it’s just fat people who are jealous that their will power to prevent their early painful death is limited by McDonald’s.
Centurion_Sam
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
uh oh.. I'm skinny.. so... I'm privileged?!

btw I just went to the gym to work out. I started this because I thought skinny was a bad thing. 😁😁😁
AperfectBalance
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Defund the BBC.
Shaky2017
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Im not skinny but i can go into a store and always get my size so does that mean i have "thin privilege", yeah no i dont think its a thing
s.a.u
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Give me strength 🙄
Joleee
Badges: 18
Report 1 year ago
i don't know why we can't just admit there are plus sides to being thin. you don't get fat shamed or bullied for being fat. you can eat junk food in public and not wonder if people are judging you. anyone who's ever watched a teen movie knows these problems exist. i don't think anyone so far actually read the article and thought about it.
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I mean sure beautiful people have it easier.
Roryroars
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Joleee)
i don't know why we can't just admit there are plus sides to being thin. you don't get fat shamed or bullied for being fat. you can eat junk food in public and not wonder if people are judging you. anyone who's ever watched a teen movie knows these problems exist. i don't think anyone so far actually read the article and thought about it.
Sure you are correct but I think the problem is stemming from somewhere else and not just from being skinny privileged. An overweight person can be bullied or fat shamed by anyone even another over weight person. I think the problem is more how do we fix people bullying others over anything.
MJ1012
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
As a very skinny person I dont get abuse when I eat, other than "where the **** do you put it all?"
I just get abuse every second of the day that I'm not eating... :/
Trinculo
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Fatties are privileged. They pay the same for airplane tickets as normal people.
PureHeroine
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i saw this article a couple of days ago and i completely agree with what imonlymediocre tweeted which is quoted in the article and he sums it up nicely. it's a little controversial but i don't think being privileged or not being privileged are bad things.

edit- after reading some of the responses on this thread i wonder who actually bothered to read the thread...
_gcx
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Mental health issues are indicative of privilege. I mean who wouldn't want to live happy with their body. Clearly they should just get over themselves.

The overweight people represented by these people are more often than not, not those with some disorder but those who are lazy and are too arrogant to acknowledge the health risks their lifestyle poses.
The Empire Odyssey
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I didn't read the article, cba.

But to an extent I think thin (healthy slim people) have an advantage. I think it could come under appearances. It's more pleasant to look at a thin (again, healthy slim person) serving you in a retail shop than a fat person.
markovchain17
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Why would a thin person get bullied for being fat? They get bullied for being thin. And teen movies aren't real life.
username917703
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah because none of that stuff happens to thin people, especially when they're male.
SmileyVibe
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I guess being thin can be privileg if you’re naturally petite or have fast metabolism which is means you can eat, and do less exercise without having to worry about gaining weight. On the other hand, some “thin” people are “thin” because they diet, excerise and put a lot of hard work to remain that way. Not everyone can be thin because their bone structure, genetics or the way fat is distributed.

If a person is overweight/obese because their eating habits and they don’t have anything disorders that affect their metabolism, then that’s on them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.48%
Excited (156)
9.1%
Worried (306)
17.84%
Terrified (381)
22.22%
Meh (170)
9.91%
Confused (37)
2.16%