How much study will you be doing over summer? Watch

Poll: How much study will you be doing over summer?
Absolutely nothing (504)
42.07%
What I have to I guess (151)
12.6%
Some, not as much as I should (181)
15.11%
A fair bit (199)
16.61%
Lots, I want to get ahead (163)
13.61%
furryface12
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
It's summer! Some of us are lucky to have had a month or two, some only a few days, but hopefully it's the holidays for everyone studying by now!

How much are you going to do over the summer? Just your homework on the last day, or a bit more?

Personally I have a couple of essays I need to do and then I'll catch up on bits I missed earlier in the year, I don't know if I'll get any further though! Whatever you do or don't do, remember to have a break too
abigailVW
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I'm going to study like crazy! at least three hours a day sometimes more. in term time I do just one hour a day (4 on weekends)
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Bulletzone
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
This is TSR, who wouldn't be studying.

My plan for summer:

Learn Python (94% done)
Re-learn JavaScript (10% done)
Learn Ruby (0%)
Learn MATLAB (0%)

Start learning first year content (20%)
frostfly
Badges: 20
Report 11 months ago
Absolutely nothing, because I’ve finished my A Levels (yayyy! ) honestly A Levels have completely destroyed me
HaalaRed
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Exam reviser here, so I'm taking no breaks! 😆
furryface12
Rep:
?
(Original post by abigailVW)
I'm going to study like crazy! at least three hours a day sometimes more. in term time I do just one hour a day (4 on weekends)
Have a good break too! Don't be burnt out before you go back. That's not a ridiculous amount but yeah

(Original post by Bulletzone)
This is TSR, who wouldn't be studying.

My plan for summer:

Learn Python (94% done)
Re-learn JavaScript (10% done)
Learn Ruby (0%)
Learn MATLAB (0%)

Start learning first year content (20%)
This is true but you're busy! Computer scientist by any chance?

(Original post by Mystelle)
Absolutely nothing, because I’ve finished my A Levels (yayyy! ) honestly A Levels have completely destroyed me
You deserve that! You can't be the only one in that. Plans for next year?

(Original post by HaalaRed)
Exam reviser here, so I'm taking no breaks! 😆
Breaks are needed too! Good luck in the exams- when are they?
frostfly
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by furryface12)
Have a good break too! Don't be burnt out before you go back. That's not a ridiculous amount but yeah

I’m doing Management with Psychology at Exeter (if I get the grades, that is! :cute:) Hope your essays go well, and enjoy the rest of the summer!
pinkypaz123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Well I've got a little bit of note taking to do which is for Chemistry homework and I'll probably look at second year content nearer the end of the holidays. Other than that I've got to revise for my UKCAT (29th August.)
Bulletzone
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
[QUOTE=furryface12;78987786]

/QUOTE]

Far from it.

Just learning them, because why not.

Also just finished my A-levels.
as125
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Mate I'm doing no revision at ALL

Just finished a-levels which means I ain't going near a book for a LONGGGGG time
furryface12
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mystelle)
I’m doing Management with Psychology at Exeter (if I get the grades, that is! :cute:) Hope your essays go well, and enjoy the rest of the summer!
Ooh cool! Sure you will- I almost went to Exeter for a different subject, and am now doing psychology but somewhere else funnily enough thank you!

(Original post by pinkypaz123)
Well I've got a little bit of note taking to do which is for Chemistry homework and I'll probably look at second year content nearer the end of the holidays. Other than that I've got to revise for my UKCAT (29th August.)
This sounds a good balance good luck on UKCAT!

(Original post by Bulletzone)

Far from it.

Just learning them, because why not.

Also just finished my A-levels.
Fair enough- good luck with it!
SilverWater
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I won't be doing any form of studying because if I don't get into my firm it will be pointless :lol:
Will go over C1 If I manage to get in as I need to catch up on the maths as my course is quite mathematical yet I don't have a level maths.

is it possible to learn C1 in a month and maybe a little of C2? - Would I have to spend a lot of time each day in order to do so?
iElvendork
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I finished my final exam on the 21st of May, I go back to uni on the 1st of October
It's one lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng summer

Technically I have no studying to do!!
Going from my MChem to my PhD study woop woop!
But I am going to start looking into Matlab/Labview and reading some past theses that are relevant to my project
minivampire
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Well I start Uni in September for Psychology
- Unconditional offer
- Plus I already know I got an A for health and social!

Received my online enrollment email, which has all the reading material!
I spoke to the course leaders too and was able to confirm that the list wouldn't be changing.
So I've started reading the books already

It helps that the first year is similar to A level as well
minivampire
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by iElvendork)
I finished my final exam on the 21st of May, I go back to uni on the 1st of October

But I am going to start looking into Matlab/Labview and reading some past theses that are relevant to my project
Looks like someone else has had the same idea as me

- But I'm taking Psychology
HaalaRed
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by furryface12)

Haha I will take a break! Insha Allah, exams are in June
mounaabdx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I received fairly average grades in most subjects this year, aswell as doing quite well in my strongest subjects, so I'm not too worried about doing a lot of revision this summer. But I will be doing a little bit so I can finish my notes and catch up with key points that I didn't manage to understand throughout the school year. Year 11 is bound to be stressful if I don't work hard enough but I have an entire summer to prepare for it so I'm not too anxious about it!
amie.sahota
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I really want to do as much as I can. How many hours should I be doing a week in order to get ahead of things? 😩😩😂(I’m going into second year of college&studying law, psychology and criminology).
furryface12
Rep:
?
(Original post by minivampire)
Well I start Uni in September for Psychology
- Unconditional offer
- Plus I already know I got an A for health and social!

Received my online enrollment email, which has all the reading material!
I spoke to the course leaders too and was able to confirm that the list wouldn't be changing.
So I've started reading the books already

It helps that the first year is similar to A level as well
This is great, well done!! Yeah psychology is very similar content-wise, they just expect you to do more with it. But you'll learn that, you're in a good position already by the sound of it!

(Original post by HaalaRed)
Haha I will take a break! Insha Allah, exams are in June
Good you have plenty of time then! But keeping up with things is good.

(Original post by mounaabdx)
I received fairly average grades in most subjects this year, aswell as doing quite well in my strongest subjects, so I'm not too worried about doing a lot of revision this summer. But I will be doing a little bit so I can finish my notes and catch up with key points that I didn't manage to understand throughout the school year. Year 11 is bound to be stressful if I don't work hard enough but I have an entire summer to prepare for it so I'm not too anxious about it!
This sounds good! Especially trying to make sure you understand everything, that's always good before you start building on it. But a break is probably the best thing you can do! Good luck

(Original post by amie.sahota)
I really want to do as much as I can. How many hours should I be doing a week in order to get ahead of things? 😩😩😂(I’m going into second year of college&studying law, psychology and criminology).
It's really up to you! You could always aim to do a little bit each day and see where you get, and alternate subjects or something. Then even by the time you've missed a few days you'll still have a fair amount done!

(Original post by SilverWater)
I won't be doing any form of studying because if I don't get into my firm it will be pointless :lol:
Will go over C1 If I manage to get in as I need to catch up on the maths as my course is quite mathematical yet I don't have a level maths.

is it possible to learn C1 in a month and maybe a little of C2? - Would I have to spend a lot of time each day in order to do so?
There's always other places! But I can understand the feeling. It really depends what your maths level is like now, but C1 isn't much harder than GCSE really. It's A2 that starts getting harder! So you should be okay

(Original post by iElvendork)

I've had the same, it's mad! In a good way. But ooh good luck! Are you staying at the same uni?
Leviathan1741
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I'm not sure whether I count in this poll since I'm going into my third year of uni I've been doing a fair amount of work over the summer though; for my degree I need to complete a five week geological mapping project plus a special research project, of which I've done 2 weeks so far (prior to that I went on a 2 week field trip to the western USA which involved a lot of coursework, worth 40% of that module). I've got 3 weeks of mapping left, then I need to start preparing for my other third year modules. Fun times
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Foundation Year Open Evening Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Jul '19
  • Regent's University London
    Psychotherapy Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Jul '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (121)
19.42%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (58)
9.31%
No I am happy with my course choice (352)
56.5%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (92)
14.77%

Watched Threads