The Student Room Group

Is this anti-semitic?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by AperfectBalance
Many countries/people justify the misdeeds of Israel, they are the "we"

I don't agree. I support organisations that I don't consider myself a member of and I'm sure most people are the same.
If the first one is true (accusing them of being more loyal to Israel, or whatever the actual quote is), Labour would have to be very careful about their next words.
Original post by Notnek
I don't agree. I support organisations that I don't consider myself a member of and I'm sure most people are the same.

Good for you, but it is very clear many people do.
Britain and dare I say much of the Western world is hostage to Jewish sensitivities. Jews want, and receive special treatment over any other group at the expense of your rights and values.

Their massive wealth and funding of politics is well known and absolutely not a made up conspiracy but a documented fact.

They'll continue to smear Corbyn until he literally becomes Tony Blair their favourite Labour goy.
Reply 24
Original post by AperfectBalance
International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance's

More like "Please don't forget this one atrocity of ww2 so we can continue to justify our misdeeds"

This is what I don't understand, do they honestly think it was only Jews that were killed during the holocaust? Is that what is being pushed? That only Jewish people suffered?
Original post by ThomH97
From the Labour anti-semitism row, there are four points that have been highlighted as missing from Labour's definition of anti-semitism when compared with the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance's definition. These are:

1) Accusing Jewish people of being more loyal to Israel than their home country

Spoiler

2) Claiming that Israel's existence as a state is a racist endeavour

Spoiler

3) Requiring higher standards of behaviour from Israel than other nations

Spoiler

4) Comparing contemporary Israeli policies to those of the Nazis

Spoiler

1.) That is not anti-Semitic- just about though

Israel was part of the mandate for Palestine which was ruled by England due to defeating the Germans in WW1 the league of nations split up German Colonies between England and France we got the mandate for Palestine. I am going off on a tangent here but it's not a very common argument, England, along with some other nations then decided after WW2 Germany's treatment of European Jews was unacceptable and Jews needed their own land, a fair rationale argument- Due to religious meaning England proposed dividing up the boundaries of then the Mandate of Palestine and proposed giving the Jews some land- this is why the Jews love Israel more then the original country they/ their ancestors was born in. Anyway the Palestinians where not very happy with this so they started attacking Jews even though they had a very small portion of land this was a few years after the jews had arrived- it wasn't an invasion of any type it was Palestine's sovereign at the time us who granted the UN plan to have a bigger portion of land then the Jews got attacked in 1948 and beat the Palestinians and took even more land then the original borders. This was a country designed for Jews to live in safety- I agree there defence and foreign policy has been a bit excessive but they are fighting an evil in Hamas.

2.) The Palestinians have started every single war against the Jews so if anything the Arabs was racist for not accepting their new immigrants, if we did this here in the United Kingdom, If we started attacking immigrants we would be had for hate crimes, even if we said something which was perceived as racist even if there was no racial intent behind the comment. Israel have been guilty for using excessive force towards Palestine but you would think after losing 3 different wars to Israel the Palestinians would emmigrate to other muslim countries so they are not persecuted, not every country has racial tolerance. In fact some of the least racially tolerant countries are middle eastern and North African countries which happen to be muslim, some of which have banned Israeli's and Jews from travelling to their nations- this is pretty racist if you ask me. The reason I am making these arguments are not because i support Israel in their actions but to offer an alternative view point instead of some of the one-sided posts on here which swallow up media propaganda which makes Palestine look like angels and Israel look like monsters, this has a major impact the media are influencing peoples mind, saying they are so anti-jew in their reporting they dance to the tune of George Soros (Incidentally is a jew) when ever he makes a comment or a political project we must kiss his ass and bend over, so the media are hypocrites. I don't particularly think it is anti-Semitism to say there has been racism on both sides

3.) I can agree but we can not micro manage every aspect of their domestic and foreign policy, also it is oppressive to threaten nations for anyone who wants us to threaten removing support for Israel we need to protect them just in case Iran get their hands on nukes which i think is a very possible- You can try and encourage better behaviour but we can't enforce it on them allow the UN to be the judge of that- we have involved ourselves in too many disputes in the middle east when i think leaving them too it is the best idea even if if their is dictators killing their own people- this is none of our business unless they become a wider threat to Western Society.

4.) Comparing Israel to Nazi's isn't an ideal situation they hate Nazi's who effectively actively pushed a campaign to exterminate as many jews as possible, If you are going to use this as a comparison then yes i can see why jews are getting upset.

Original post by PrincessZara
No, I could take a sip of water and get called a anti-semetic in 2018

That just doesn't apply for Anti- Semitic, you can apply this principle to racism in general. The over zealous left wing in Britain has been trying to qualify more and more under an umbrella term of "Racism" Being concerned about having 25,000 Islamic Jihadhi terrorists in Britain is racist according to the left as it is correlating wider muslims with a negative connotation- this is effectively ********, why? a phobia is an irrational fear, fearing Islamic terrorist attacks when there has been 6 plots in the last 15 years where terrorists have managed to attack us in the UK but more within Europe- I hope I am not derailing the topic here and these attacks last year where there was 4 terrorist attacks in 4 months and then security and intelligence agencies managed to take back a bit of control, you also have 7/7 and the Glasgow Airport attack which i believe was around 2007ish without fact checking (Googling it) because I'm lazy. Anyway fearing islamic terror attacks is not irrational neither is parents fearing their children may be groomed by Pakistani grooming gangs.

I'm a UKIP member just a bit of background about me which probably means amongst this target audience my popularity is pretty much dead in the water- Labour have an odd way of dealing with things this is amplified with what they have been doing recently under JC's leadership I will bullet point to summarise

1.) Sarah Champion wrote a piece in a newspaper stating that Pakistani men in grooming gangs are a major problem their is 3 major plots to our knowledge these include Rotherham, Rochdale and Telford- I can bet there is some more i predict Luton to be in the news sometime soon with grooming gangs- she was forced to resign as shadow equalities minister- well there is no proof of this but with the hard left taking over the Labour party you could bet Corbyn would of sacked her so she walked before she was pushed that is just my opinion
2.) Naz Shah who liked a tweet which stated that English Girls who are victims of grooming gangs should shut their mouths, she may have unliked it now but there is a screenshot proving it, I believe Owen Jones, left wing pro Labour and Corbyn columnist also liked this tweet showing they are both major idiots and Jeremy Corbyn is worse for offering her the job of equalities minister having endorsed such a comment stating that English girls who are raped by grooming gangs should remain silent

All this while Frank Field and Kate Hoey are battling deselection for respecting democracy and voting with the government on brexit and not opposing it, in fact everyone who is a MP in a leave constituency should be backing the government if they are implementing the will of the people or opposing it if they are trying to sell brexit down the river as a democratic process Field is an MP in a leave constituency he was voted in with a big majority but members in that area don't like him because he's right of center in fact if he was 20 years younger i would want him a Labour leader. Again this is going off topic but Labour are a shambles at the minute
1 and 4; maybe depending on context.

2 and 3; not at all.

This argument really has **** all to do with anti-semitism though and everything to do with a 'moderate' power grab.
It doesn't seem anti Semitic but it's a problem for labour because people will listen to the media and make assumptions that labour is in fact against Jews, even if they explain themselves there will still be people that believe it and it will worsen their image.

Otherwise, why is Labour trying to worsen relations with Israel?
If you read the document you will see that these 4 points are contextualised and are present in the Labour Party definition. They are just not copied down word for word.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending