Carbon footprints were not reduced and so climate change is here, weird weather

Watch
Cleverboy1991
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
We have been warned for years to reduce our soaring Carbon footprints to reduce our individual Carbon emissions to delay or prevent climate change, yet nobody cared and did anything about it. THIS IS THE RESULT - WEIRD WEATHER ACROSS THE EARTH. I MEANT SERIOUSLY WEIRD

This heatwave in the UK has been going on for months and is expected for the unseesble , temps could reach 40 celcius, it is way way above average.

In fact many countries in northern Europe are seeing extremely hot temperature s with no end to the heat in sight. Even Canada is having an extensive heatwave of almost 40 celcius

Also this year for a certain time period the Arctic was 30 degree warmer than usual, that is a massive massive rise is temperature there.

And if you remember the previous winter broke records for being one of the most extreme on record ever. the beast from the east and it lasted many months.

THE WESTHER IS WEIRD WEIRD WEIRD , YET PEOPLE ARE STILL NOT BOTHERED TO REDUCE THEIR CARBON FOOTPRINT EMISSIONS,
NOBODY SEEMS TO GIVE A ****

I dread to think how much more extreme our future weather is going to become, particular y with carbon footprint s continuing to soar and unbelievable massive about of dirty emissions we pump out into the atmosphere
Cleverboy1991
Rep:
?
Name:  carbon+footprint+fail.png
Views: 45
Size:  15.6 KB
hello_shawn
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
We can only do so much, where are the governments trying to keep it under control? Oh wait they aren't, they're in the pockets of big business as usual.
Cleverboy1991
Rep:
?
(Original post by hello_shawn)
We can only do so much, where are the governments trying to keep it under control? Oh wait they aren't, they're in the pockets of big business as usual.

That is true, but almost everybody didn't do as much as they could have done,

We now have to adapt to this weird weather system, I dread how much more severe and weird the weather patterns are going to be from here on out , this is serious and we can't reverse the damage we've done
Wōden
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Cleverboy1991)
We have been warned for years to reduce our soaring Carbon footprints to reduce our individual Carbon emissions to delay or prevent climate change, yet nobody cared and did anything about it. THIS IS THE RESULT - WEIRD WEATHER ACROSS THE EARTH. I MEANT SERIOUSLY WEIRD

This heatwave in the UK has been going on for months and is expected for the unseesble , temps could reach 40 celcius, it is way way above average.

In fact many countries in northern Europe are seeing extremely hot temperature s with no end to the heat in sight. Even Canada is having an extensive heatwave of almost 40 celcius

Also this year for a certain time period the Arctic was 30 degree warmer than usual, that is a massive massive rise is temperature there.

And if you remember the previous winter broke records for being one of the most extreme on record ever. the beast from the east and it lasted many months.

THE WESTHER IS WEIRD WEIRD WEIRD , YET PEOPLE ARE STILL NOT BOTHERED TO REDUCE THEIR CARBON FOOTPRINT EMISSIONS,
NOBODY SEEMS TO GIVE A ****

I dread to think how much more extreme our future weather is going to become, particular y with carbon footprint s continuing to soar and unbelievable massive about of dirty emissions we pump out into the atmosphere
You can't just pick out one period of hot weather and conclude "well this is proof the climate is getting warmer", just as you can't pick out a particularly cold winter one year and say, "aha, this is proof that the climate isn't getting warmer".

Climate can only be measured by studying the trends in weather and temperatures over long periods of time, decades, centuries, even millennia. The current climate predictions do suggest we are entering into a period of warming, and human activity almost certainly does contribute to some of this (though far too many people get wrapped up in the notion that humans are solely responsible, which is simply not the case. Many factors contribute to Earth's climate, the most obvious one being the radioactivity of the Sun, less obvious ones being changes in Earth's magnetic field). It will be quite some time before we see the real, long term effects of this, so don't read too much into individual cases of strange weather. There is still time to change our behavior, but I'm not holding my breath.

I agree entirely that not enough is currently being done to curb environmentally destructive actions. Emissions are just the tip of the iceberg, we also have the huge problem of plastic waste in the oceans, aquifer pollution, the destruction of wilderness, over intensive farming depleting the soil and killing pollinating insects. The picture is not good, and much of this is down to the fact that there are simply too many people on Earth now.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

New lockdown - Do you agree schools and universities should remain open?

Yes (55)
36.18%
No (80)
52.63%
I don't know (17)
11.18%

Watched Threads