The thread title is pretty much self-explanatory :P

I need some new exciting anime

My favs so far are:
X Clamp
SAO
Bleach
Senkaiden Houshin Engi
Naruto
Boruto, Naruto Next Generations (but only after the last fight vs Momoshiki, that was friggin' epic!!!)
The Seven Deadly Sins
Fruit Basket
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Dragon Ball
Full Metal Alchemist
Attack on Titan (gurl it rocks, though Eren is like a whimp...)
Black Clover (though the voice of Asta is sooooo annoying)
Just to name the few

Anime needs to be packed with action, fight scenes are a must, preferably lead needs to be male.

Patiently waiting for your responses xD
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I know anime oracle.. shall tag them in and they should have a good few suggestions
username3941996
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Gurren Lagann. The Most EPIC action anime.
ShantelleLuis
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
One Punch Man, My hero Academia, Magi:Adventures of Sinbad/:Labyrinth of Magic/:Kingdom of Magic
Rivv
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Professional G)
Gurren Lagann. The Most EPIC action anime.
Thank you! Looks good, I'll give it a go

(Original post by 8472)
I know anime oracle.. shall tag them in and they should have a good few suggestions
Thank you! Oracle sounds pretty good, can't wait xD
AngryJellyfish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by 8472)
:five:

(Original post by Rivv)

My favs so far are:
X Clamp
SAO
Bleach
Senkaiden Houshin Engi
Naruto
Boruto, Naruto Next Generations (but only after the last fight vs Momoshiki, that was friggin' epic!!!)
The Seven Deadly Sins
Fruit Basket
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Dragon Ball
Full Metal Alchemist
Just to name the few

Anime needs to be packed with action, fight scenes are a must, preferably lead needs to be male.

Hello! Here's a few series I'd suggest:

Black Lagoon (great over-the-top action and villains)

Mushibugyou (an overlooked gem)

Berserk (all the trigger warnings)

Claymore (the lead character is female, but it's too good not to suggest)

Psycho-Pass (for something a bit more sci-fi)

Or from the current season, perhaps try:

Angolmois: Record of Mongol Invasion (based on an actual 13th century war)

Satsuriku no Tenshi (based on a horror adventure game, and it shows, in a good way)

Cells at Work! (...trust me on this one)

I hope something there takes your interest.
Rivv
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by AngryJellyfish)
:five:

Hello! Here's a few series I'd suggest:

Black Lagoon (great over-the-top action and villains)

Mushibugyou (an overlooked gem)

Berserk (all the trigger warnings)

Claymore (the lead character is female, but it's too good not to suggest)

Psycho-Pass (for something a bit more sci-fi)

Or from the current season, perhaps try:

Angolmois: Record of Mongol Invasion (based on an actual 13th century war)

Satsuriku no Tenshi (based on a horror adventure game, and it shows, in a good way)

Cells at Work! (...trust me on this one)

I hope something there takes your interest.
Awesome!
Will give most of them a go, it's summer after all and I'd rather be catching up/watching anime than roasting on the beach haha xD
Thanks Jelly xoxo
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If the periods of the animes don't matter, I can recommend you some oldies to watch:

Urashiman
City Hunter
Cats Eye
Miyuki (if you like subtle yuri)

Also nice to watch:
Berserk
Black Cat
Noir
Samurai 7

My favorite of all:
Hellsing OVA
candyoongi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Rivv)

My favs so far are:
X Clamp
SAO
Bleach
Senkaiden Houshin Engi
Naruto
The Seven Deadly Sins
Fruit Basket
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Dragon Ball
Full Metal Alchemist
Just to name the few

Tokyo Ghoul is definitely a must-watch. No Game No Life is pretty funny (and deserves a second season ಠ_ರೃ).
_R_
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Gangsta Is a really great one, lots of action
lilianna56812
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I’m going to recommend animes that are not as well-known as they tend to be just as good as the mainstream animes that everyone watches

Hidan no Aria - Badass female and male lead. Focuses on action especially guns.

Cube x Cursed x Curious (C3) - Focuses on cursed people with different “powers” due to their curses.

Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru Sou Desu Yo? - OP male lead and one of my favourites. Awesome and beautiful female lead.

Noragami - Needless to say, amazing and hilarious.

Akame ga Kill - EVERYONE IS SO BADASS

K - The animation and action is absolutely stunning.
lilianna56812
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I wasn’t finished LOL!

Blood Lad - Another one of my favourites as the male lead is just hilarious and strong.

Toaru Kagaku no Railgun - Action scenes are stunning.

Servamp - I’ve read the manga and its 10/10

Devils Line - OMGGG great anime, great action, great characters.
Median
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I have a very extensive Anime list with ratings of my own that I can post here.

I take watching anime very seriously and I often write down a few notes on how the cinematography, animation, voice acting, and many other aspects of the show take place.

(Obviously I only watch what I enjoy, by *seriously* I mean I am open to all ideas and judge once I've seen it completely.)

here are some of my most stellar recommendations:

Reasoning under the spoiler blocks (Not actually any spoilers though, just to keep it compact).

1) Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Spoiler:
Show

FMAB is a shining and honestly heartwarming representation of what all Shonen anime should aspire to. It has an excellent cast and a variety of personalities that truly make the anime unique. The premise of it is honestly one of the most inspired ideas I've ever seen, and the writers certainly execute the worldbuilding around it correctly. Truly, not only the best anime, but one of the best TV-Shows of all time.

2) Steins;Gate

Spoiler:
Show

Steins;Gate is really an amalgamation of everything that's good about sci-fi in Anime. It features a cast of characters that undergo a very thick and perfectly sporadic plot - and most impressively of all, the characters face realistic problems whilst also being intertwined in a fantastical adventure that is riddled with plot twists and gripping points in the show. In all honesty, I rank this equally to FMAB, It's just that I watched FMAB first.

3) My Hero Academia

Spoiler:
Show

My Hero Academia is what some would call a shounen with a "generic" plot like Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Dragon Ball, etc. However, In my opinion out of all of the shounen like this, MHA tackles all of the plot points the best. It has *very* memorable and likeable characters that just blend in nicely with the atmosphere of the show. The show also prides itself in shifting the mood of the anime from sometimes a cheerful, childish atmosphere, to a darker and deeper one. The show is Ongoing.

4) Anohana

Spoiler:
Show

This anime made me cry for around 2 minutes at its most climactic moment. This series tests the ideals of the watcher, and really sheds light on the culture of Japan, but also, most importantly, creates a group of characters with insanely realistic problems. The way this anime shows how a tragedy can affect a group of friends is beyond mere words. All 11 episodes build up to that one moment, the anime fills you up with questions and answers simultaneously, and rips it to shreds right in your face.

5) Assassination Classroom

Spoiler:
Show

It's probably got the most original plot I've ever seen in an anime. It is great at starting from the ground and slowly building the watcher's surroundings to new characters, interesting plot branches, dilemmas, and much more. The show handles this in a way that there's really no main character until there's very serious points, Nagisa being the spotlight. The best part about this anime is that It seems like a very cheery, happy shounen, but then in the final season it destroys your heart. The finale was beautifully done, but also made me feel like I lost a part of my life. Goodbye Assassination Classroom

The next few will be brief, but honestly they deserve much better for their quality:

6) Made In Abyss - Fantasy done right; tricks the watcher into thinking It is superficial, but it is so much more than a pair of miners.

7) Clannad and Clannad: After Story - Constant, heart-wrenching crying - the first season builds the characters around you, and the second destroys everything that was built. The only annoying thing about this anime is that "Clannad" was very slow paced, but In my opinion the After story season made up more than enough for the slow pace.

8) Attack on titan - Beautiful soundtrack, beautiful animation, beautiful and original plot. It really is a good anime but the ones above I just think are that much better.

9) Nichijou - A hilarious anime about the life of a few people in highschool. It's really funny in how the anime won't hold back to display hyperbolic humor, whether it is through animation shifts or voice acting.

10) Sakurada Reset - Although it has received very bad reviews, I believe this anime shines in its plot. People don't like it due to its very slow pace. It's seen almost as a light novel. The reason it's so low down the list is that the pacing and animation does put me off a bit. But the ideas and the plot conveyed are godlike.

Thanks for reading this. took me a while.
Attached files
britishtf2
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
They have already been said, but for lots of punching things:
My Hero Academia
One Punch Man

For less punching but the best power system, amazing story, and quite possibly the best shounen arc of all time [Chimera Ant Arc], watch Hunter x Hunter. It's 148 episodes, and pure gold.

Not watched it (yet), but I heard that Mob Psycho 100 is very good. From the creator of One Punch Man.
Kaneki Amano
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Rivv)

My favs so far are:
X Clamp
SAO
Bleach
Senkaiden Houshin Engi
Naruto
The Seven Deadly Sins
Fruit Basket
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Dragon Ball
Full Metal Alchemist
Just to name the few

If you're still taking requests, check out RE:Life. I absolutely ****ing loved it ❤️ If you want more just quote me or DM me
Zasty
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
K project please
or hand shakers please
Kaneki Amano
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Kaneki Amano)
If you're still taking requests, check out RE:Life. I absolutely ****ing loved it ❤️ If you want more just quote me or DM me
Make sure to watch the OVA's too!! 😋
astroworld
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Nana
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (43)
5.8%
Uncertainty around my education (84)
11.34%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (79)
10.66%
Lack of purpose or motivation (94)
12.69%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (39)
5.26%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (42)
5.67%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (80)
10.8%
Financial worries (50)
6.75%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (32)
4.32%
Exposure to negative news/social media (46)
6.21%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (24)
3.24%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (71)
9.58%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (57)
7.69%

Watched Threads