GCSE power and conflict poetry

Watch this thread
Defence11
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Pls could someone be kind enough to mark my power and conflict paragraph which I will post in the reply section. I’m doing AQA 9-1 so it would be helpful if u could grade my work using 9-1. Also pls give me improvement comments. Thanks. Question is “Compare how poets present the effects of war in bayonet charge and in one other poem from power and conflict”
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
really good analysis and link to context here! if your whole essay is to this standard this is excellent. you could perhaps offer an alternative interpretation for each of the quotes you're analysing- eg. "suddenly he awoke" could mean that the soldier's experiencing a traumatic flashback, another negative effect of being in war. "what are we doing here?" could be linked to the effect of nature in the warzone on the soldier's health; perhaps nature is the real enemy they're fighting here.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (71)
16.44%
The paper was reasonable (212)
49.07%
Not feeling great about that exam... (103)
23.84%
It was TERRIBLE (46)
10.65%

Watched Threads