Byun.B
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’ve been thinking about getting a new laptop and I was wondering which on to get? I’ve used MacBooks for the past few years but the new MacBook is too expensive for me so I’m not going to buy one at the moment. Which other laptops would you recommend?
username4011692
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It really depends on how heavy the coding will be. If you're going to be coding lots, and making large programs, look into the gaming laptops. If not, then most laptops will be fine as long as they have reasonable RAM and CPU (e.g. 4gb, with an Intel 5 core, if you were doing casual coding).

Also, try getting a laptop that runs Linux if you want a better control over the system, and Raspberry Pi's are great if you want to be able to use Python and other coding scripts in a useful example of how they are used in real life.

And as for a laptop I would recommend, it would have to be Alien, or MSi, but those are probably more expensive than what you can afford.
Lakura225
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by criggles)
And as for a laptop I would recommend, it would have to be Alien, or MSi, but those are probably more expensive than what you can afford.
No one in their right mind would ever recommend Alien laptops especially if you have a background in computer science / IT
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Exeter campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (285)
60.51%
Yes- I don't like it (22)
4.67%