Help...I think I messed up my AS exams (CCEA) English Literature & Religious Studies Watch

CCea..Student
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I have already taken my exams this year, I know I shouldn't dwell until receive my results but it's all I can think about. My two main AS exams that I think went horribly were English Literature (The Crucible and Dracula) and Religious Studies (Luke's Gospel and Medical Ethics)

The main reason why I am upset is because I have worked endlessly this year to get the best results I can, yet I feel as if Ive let everyone down. I know that these grades will count towards 40% of my A level grades. I feel out off my depth. I achieved A grades in these subjects in my GCSEs last year and don't want to be humiliated this year.

Background
English Literature: Poetry-Plath and Hughes (This section went well) However, for the second section 'The Crucible' I feel as though I went for the 'risky' question about one character in the play. Everyone in my class went for the theme question and I feel as though my response was weak. I tried my best to reach the objectives, but each section differs as the main objective in this case Methods and Context. Although, I did include context there was only so much relevance to the character question. Also for this exam it was expected for candidates to include QUOTES... I obliviously may not have the exact ones.

Furthermore, I yet again went for the question nobody answered in my class. I fear I might have missed my grades for choosing the wrong questions. The main objective in case was Methods and Perspectives. The reason why I feel this exam went terrible is because although I included other characters in my argument I tried to link themes and historical factors (which may not have went well with the question). Therefore, I feel as though I have WAFFLED and potentially get a grade which doesn't reflect the blood, sweat and tears I have spent studying!

Religious Studies: I have found this subject challenging this year but have put the effort in to achieve. The exam questions in Luke's Gospel were straightforward but the time left me feeling limited, due to this I feel as though I haven't made responses to the same standard as I usually would. In Ethics we were expecting a difficult paper. I found that the first two questions were good. However, as time was running out I feel as though I have messed up my human experience elements- LOSING MARKS.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Humanities; Department of Drama, Theatre and Performance; Department of Social Sciences; Department of English and Creative Writing Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (46)
61.33%
No (29)
38.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise