The Student Room Group

University offer was for 112 UCAS points, I got 109 [ADVICE]

I had my results day yesterday, and found that my grades fell short of the entry requirements for my offer to study English and Creative Writing at Manchester Met. Now, the issue I have is that UCAS hasn't updated yet and i'm wondering if i'm still able to call their clearing hotline tomorrow?

I'm assuming that this is going to be at the behest of the University, but I was wondering if there's any chance that when I call up I can ask to go through clearing for the same course. I achieved all Distinctions in the English part of my Access to HE course, my only downfall really being the Law exam in which I got 6 passes.

I noticed that on the UCAS website for my course, they require a minimum of 106 UCAS points for the course - would this affect their decision making at all? I understand that my offer required 112 UCAS points, just wanted some perspective.

I hope these posts are allowed (or that i'm in the right place), please delete if not mods.
Original post by jacoreadit
I had my results day yesterday, and found that my grades fell short of the entry requirements for my offer to study English and Creative Writing at Manchester Met. Now, the issue I have is that UCAS hasn't updated yet and i'm wondering if i'm still able to call their clearing hotline tomorrow?

I'm assuming that this is going to be at the behest of the University, but I was wondering if there's any chance that when I call up I can ask to go through clearing for the same course. I achieved all Distinctions in the English part of my Access to HE course, my only downfall really being the Law exam in which I got 6 passes.

I noticed that on the UCAS website for my course, they require a minimum of 106 UCAS points for the course - would this affect their decision making at all? I understand that my offer required 112 UCAS points, just wanted some perspective.

I hope these posts are allowed (or that i'm in the right place), please delete if not mods.

Posts like this are certainly allowed, its exactly what this section is for :smile: You can't go through clearing for a course if you've been rejected from it, you should give them a call tomorrow and ask when you should expect a decision.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
Posts like this are certainly allowed, its exactly what this section is for :smile: You can't go through clearing for a course if you've been rejected from it, you should give them a call tomorrow and ask when you should expect a decision.

Thanks for the quick reply! I'm going to call them tomorrow morning first thing, thanks for your help :smile:
Thanks for the quick reply! I'm going to call them tomorrow morning first thing, thanks for your help :smile:

i hope things work out for you :smile:
Reply 4
dont waste ur money on that degree. srs mate i graduated with a good degree from a good uni and have one hell of an invoice and it has no real value in the real world
Reply 5
Going to keep this thread updated in case anyone else is in the same boat as me:

I have tried almost all day to get in touch with the admissions line, but to no avail. I'm going to email them a copy of my results, my ID number etc. and have been told they will be able to reply on Monday morning on how to continue.

In response to OI94, I am an adult learner myself and have worked a gruelling 9-5 office job before. I would rather pursue an education and career in something I am passionate about than live comfortably doing a job that sucks all of the life out of me. I'm sorry that your degree hasn't helped you thus far, but this is something I've wanted to pursue since i was 15.

Will update the thread on Monday if and when I get an answer, hopefully it can help someone else in the future.
Reply 6
Final update!!

After speaking with the admissions team at the University they were able to update my offer on UCAS so that I would be accepted onto the course as my results were above the minimum entry requirements despite my offer being for a higher grade entry. I'm going to university!
Reply 7
Final update!!

After speaking with the admissions team at the University they were able to update my offer on UCAS so that I would be accepted onto the course as my results were above the minimum entry requirements despite my offer being for a higher grade entry. I'm going to university!

Congratulations :woo: :yay:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending