?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Just curious.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Archurus23)
Just curious.
Imo no because being in shape is more than just what you weigh.
Doesnt improve cardio except carrying less weight.
Doesnt improve muscle,
JaydorIV
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
you can lose weight from it, but you won't gain muscle or be more fit or anything.
MasterMind007
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Well you can but it will take ages - you can catalyse weight/fat loss via exercise and certain supplements. I used to take supplements but didn't see no huge changes and there were major health side effects so I didn't wanna risk it in the long run. So far I'm just dieting and cycling everyday - varying from 1 to 3 hours. Done this properly for the last 4 weeks and I've seen progress via scales and physically looking at myself in the mirror + the chinos and jeans I used to not fit in finally fit and right now they're loose af so I've come pretty far being consistent and being true to myself and not snacking. Hope this helps
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No.
username3917068
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Depend on what shape you want? Stick thin? Hour-glass?

You can lose WEIGHT/FAT. Just be prepared to say bye-bye to them muscles.
999tigger
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by IC4 SAV)
Well you can but it will take ages - you can catalyse weight/fat loss via exercise and certain supplements. I used to take supplements but didn't see no huge changes and there were major health side effects so I didn't wanna risk it in the long run. So far I'm just dieting and cycling everyday - varying from 1 to 3 hours. Done this properly for the last 4 weeks and I've seen progress via scales and physically looking at myself in the mirror + the chinos and jeans I used to not fit in finally fit and right now they're loose af so I've come pretty far being consistent and being true to myself and not snacking. Hope this helps
I dont see how you can? How does losing weight make you stronger and fitter?
MasterMind007
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
I dont see how you can? How does losing weight make you stronger and fitter?
It doesn't - this is fat loss - when did I say it makes you stronger and fitter? You just lose fat/weight.
999tigger
Report 1 year ago
It doesn't - this is fat loss - when did I say it makes you stronger and fitter? You just lose fat/weight.
That is what the OP was.
Archurus23
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
Imo no because being in shape is more than just what you weigh.
Doesnt improve cardio except carrying less weight.
Doesnt improve muscle,
I just meant losing weight.
Archurus23
Rep:
?
@999tigger covered that for you but I just meant losing weight.
999tigger
Report 1 year ago
I just meant losing weight.
Then that is different to what people would normally assume by being in shape.
Weight loss is obtained through calorie deficit of which adjusting consumption is 80% of the battle. get some scales and start calorie counting.

Yes it is perfectly possible, just by eating at a deficit.to go to your target weight, just slower.

Exercise helps with physical health and can make weight losing easier, but it isnt required.

Just because people are thin doesnt mean they will be fit.
ahmed896
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No just dieting wont help you get in shape it will help you to get skinny but if you want to get in shape you have to lift
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You can lose weight and your body will get smaller for sure, but it won't be as "in shape" as it would be if you exercised, too.
Archurus23
Rep:
?
(Original post by ahmed896)
No just dieting wont help you get in shape it will help you to get skinny but if you want to get in shape you have to lift
Thanks. Sorry I wasn't specific. Please read the previous posts.
Archurus23
Rep:
?
(Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
You can lose weight and your body will get smaller for sure, but it won't be as "in shape" as it would be if you exercised, too.
Please read the previous posts. 3 people beat you to it.
frostfly
Report 1 year ago
Starving yourself will slow down your metabolism, so you end up burning fat less slowly. Eventually you're going to end up ill.
Archurus23
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mystelle)
Starving yourself will slow down your metabolism, so you end up burning fat less slowly. Eventually you're going to end up ill.
Why would you bring it up then? Unless you see dieting as starving. But that wasn't what I asked and I already have 4 helpful responses.
frostfly
Report 1 year ago
Why would you bring it up then? Unless you see dieting as starving. But that wasn't what I asked and I already have 4 helpful responses.
Depends - what would your daily calorie intake be?
Archurus23
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mystelle)
Depends - what would your daily calorie intake be?
Again. Not really the direction I was hoping to steer this conversation in. And you haven't answered my question but don't worry. I don't need you to. I only wanted to know was if it was possible to lose weight by dieting alone and all 4 posters before you said yes. I'm satisfied. Thanks if you were trying to help.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why do you want to do a masters?

Great for my career (77)
37.2%
I really love the subject (53)
25.6%
I don't know what else to do (26)
12.56%
I can't get a job (15)
7.25%
My parents want me to (5)
2.42%