Cheat with Mental Health Issues

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So a guy with a girlfriend has cheated on her with me (online). Which I was totally not okay about but he still did so. I don't know whether to tell her since he has bad mental health issues, or so he says, and it may have consequences bc she means the world to him.
Can anyone help me with what I should do? I feel so guilty about this and it's been lying on my conscious for ages, but it was his fault and I kinda don't want him to get away with it regardless of his mental health issues. Yet I really do care about him and don't want him to do anything stupid if his girlfriend does do something upon hearing this, if I do say something.
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So a guy with a girlfriend has cheated on her with me (online). Which I was totally not okay about but he still did so. I don't know whether to tell her since he has bad mental health issues, or so he says, and it may have consequences bc she means the world to him.
Can anyone help me with what I should do? I feel so guilty about this and it's been lying on my conscious for ages, but it was his fault and I kinda don't want him to get away with it regardless of his mental health issues. Yet I really do care about him and don't want him to do anything stupid if his girlfriend does do something upon hearing this, if I do say something.
What do you want to achieve from this? If you want to get with him, then I would advise not confronting her since anyone who cheats with you, will eventually cheat on you. If you just want to give her closure, make sure you have screenshots of texts as proof, otherwise she won't believe you or he'll deny it if she asks him.

People are going to say don't get involved as it's their relationship but you're already sort of involved at the moment. You'd want to know if it was your boyfriend cheating, right? Make sure you have the evidence to prove it though.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
If it were me I wouldn’t tell her. What are you hoping to gain from telling her? If you want to be with him there’s a huge chance she’ll give him another chance. Don’t communicate with him and maybe even block him on everything so it doesn’t happen again.
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Did you know he had a girlfriend before he cheated with you?

Mental illness is no excuse for cheating
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (533)
33.99%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (647)
41.26%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (316)
20.15%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (72)
4.59%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise