Law 2018 Applicants (A Level Exam Review) 📝💭 Watch

Poll: Which was the best/easiest Law exam for you?
A2 Unit 3 (0)
0%
A2 Unit 4 (0)
0%
AS Unit 1 (incl resit (1)
50%
AS Unit 2 (incl resits) (0)
0%
Combination of 2 or more exams (1)
50%
All of them :) (0)
0%
None of them :( (0)
0%
icygrl
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I thought this would be a good idea for students who have finished their A level exams/AS exams to reflect on everything

How did you find the exams?
What were your predicted grades and how did you think you did on the Law exams (also any resits from AS)?

I hope they all went well for you. Remember, A Level Law is one of the hardest A level subjects and you've finished it! Be proud of yourself, whatever the result is in August

Law Exam 1:
Unit:
Exam Board:
What I was least nervous/confident about before the exam: Had the correct stationery ie pens, I quickly went through an essay 30 mins before.
What I was most nervous about before the exam: Running out of time.
Did you answer in any particular order? Essay questions first, scenario questions last.
How I think I did: Very well! Great Good OK Not that good, but still managed Bad! Terrible!
What I did well in: Timing management, scenario questions, essay questions, memory of cases/acts, other (add here)
What I did bad in: Timing management, scenario questions, essay questions, memory of cases/acts, other (add here)
Personal predicted grade:
Teacher's predicted grade:
Firm offer:
Insurance offer:
Anything interesting happen during the exam? The question I wanted came up. Fire alarm went off. I remembered a case by listening to a song the previous day.
Best revision resources that helped you on the day? Past Papers. Teachers' predictions. Flashcards. GetRevising. ELawStudent. YouTube. Model Answers

Here's an example:

Law Exam 1: Law 3
Unit: Unit 3
Exam Board: AQA
What I was least nervous/confident about before the exam:
What I was most nervous about before the exam: Running out of time. Forgetting relevant cases and acts. Not knowing what to write (like writer's block). Pen running out or leaking. Needing more paper and the invigilators' purposely ignoring me (they look at you when your hand's up and they just ignore you wtf)
Did you answer in any particular order? Essay questions first, scenario questions last.
How I think I did: Very well! Great Good OK Not that good, but still managed Bad! Terrible!
What I did well in: Timing management, scenario questions, essay questions, memory of cases/acts, other (add here)
What I did bad in: Timing management, scenario questions, essay questions, memory of cases/acts, other (add here)
Personal predicted grade: B
Teacher's predicted grade: A
Firm offer: A/B
Insurance offer: B/C
Anything interesting happen during the exam? Evaluation of murder & voluntary manslaughter came up as the essay question and I had never been more happy in my life
Best revision resources that helped you on the day?Past papers. Flashcards. Model Answers. A Level Law Doomby. eLawstudent/eLawresources. Law Bank on YouTUbe
icygrl
Rep:
?
I'll start

Law Exam 2: Law 2 (resit)
Unit: Unit 2
What I was most nervous about before the exam: Running out of time.
Did you answer in any particular order? Essay/short questions first, scenario questions last
Anything interesting happen during the exam? No
Best revision resources that helped you on the day?Past Papers. My notes from last year. Flashcards. Model answers.

Law Exam 1: Law 3
Unit: Unit 3
What I was most nervous about before the exam: Running out of time. Forgetting relevant cases and acts. Not knowing what to write (like writer's block). Pen running out or leaking. Needing more paper and the invigilators' purposely ignoring me (they look at you when your hand's up and they just ignore you wtf)
Anything interesting happen during the exam? Evaluation of murder & voluntary manslaughter came up as the essay question and I had never been more happy in my life
Best revision resources that helped you on the day?Past papers. Flashcards. Model Answers. A Level Law Doomby. eLawstudent/eLawresources. Law Bank on YouTUbe

Law Exam 3: Law 4
Unit: Unit 4
What I was least nervous/confident about before the exam: I had revised and memorised 3x concepts of law essays 2 weeks before so I was 50% confident on them. Theft, robbery, burglary offences. Defence of duress.
What I was most nervous about before the exam: The concepts of law essay. Timing management. Fraud offences, blackmail offences.
What I did well in: Timing management (I finished 5-10 mins early), scenario questions, essay questions, memory of cases/acts, other (add here)
Personal predicted grade: A/B
Anything interesting happen during the exam? I did the concepts essay first and justice, morality and judicial creativity came up as predicted. I revised justice, judicial creativity and fault and felt most confident on fault and justice so I wrote my justice essay. It was about 3 pages, or 2 1/2 pages long and I remembered pretty much everything.
Best revision resources that helped you on the day?Past papers. Flashcards. Model answers. Internet.
icygrl
Rep:
?
bump
Be Only You
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Law Exam:
Unit: 3
What I was least nervous/confident about before the exam: If murder/manslaughter was going to come up or not. I did prepare for general defences and a non-fatal essay but was more confident or murder/manslaughter.
What I was most nervous about before the exam:
Wasting too much time on the two scenario questions.
How I think I did: Not too great as I did scenario one and as I had a good idea of what to write for murder/manslaughter it meant I used too much time on that question and couldn't finish the second question related to the scenario. I wrote about diminised responsibility but not loss of control due to time aaaargh 😣.
What I did well in: I included a lot Acts with the correct subsections and stuff.
What I did bad in: Timing management, scenario questions,
Firm offer: A*AA
Insurance offer: BBB
Anything interesting happen during the exam? In the exam hall I sat near a lot of people from my class and as we were at the back we looked through the paper and were just discussing how we will approach the reform essay question 😂😂. I also heard my mate talking to someone about Eastenders 😂😂.

Best revision resources that helped you on the day? I think reading scenarios from past papers helped me out but I should have actually done the papers to improve my timing instead of just thinking about what I would write if similar questions came up. I also found reading model essays useful when writing up my own ones to learn/understand.
icygrl
Rep:
?
(Original post by Be Only You)
Law Exam:
Unit: 3
What I was least nervous/confident about before the exam: If murder/manslaughter was going to come up or not. I did prepare for general defences and a non-fatal essay but was more confident or murder/manslaughter.
What I was most nervous about before the exam:
Wasting too much time on the two scenario questions.
How I think I did: Not too great as I did scenario one and as I had a good idea of what to write for murder/manslaughter it meant I used too much time on that question and couldn't finish the second question related to the scenario. I wrote about diminised responsibility but not loss of control due to time aaaargh 😣.
What I did well in: I included a lot Acts with the correct subsections and stuff.
What I did bad in: Timing management, scenario questions,
Firm offer: A*AA
Insurance offer: BBB
Anything interesting happen during the exam? In the exam hall I sat near a lot of people from my class and as we were at the back we looked through the paper and were just discussing how we will approach the reform essay question 😂😂. I also heard my mate talking to someone about Eastenders 😂😂.

Best revision resources that helped you on the day? I think reading scenarios from past papers helped me out but I should have actually done the papers to improve my timing instead of just thinking about what I would write if similar questions came up. I also found reading model essays useful when writing up my own ones to learn/understand.
I didn't prepare for general defences 😂 well I did a bit, but nowhere near enough as I did for Murder & VMS and NFOs. I didn't spend too long on the essay question, I always try to keep it to 20-25 mins and spend the most on the scenario questions as evaluation essays are easier to remember. Glad it went well for you Hope you got the grade you wanted!
icygrl
Rep:
?
Bump
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birkbeck, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day - Startford Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • University of Wolverhampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (68)
15.74%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (44)
10.19%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (81)
18.75%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (61)
14.12%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (46)
10.65%
How can I be the best version of myself? (132)
30.56%

Watched Threads