Microsoft HTML5 level 3 courses - which one?

Watch
little pixie
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Was wondering which of the following courses would be better to have in the jobs market? I seen both advertised at a local college as level-3 courses.

MTA 98-375 HTML5 Application Development Fundamentals https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/lear...am-98-375.aspx

Microsoft 70-480 Programming in HTML5 with Java Script and CSS3 https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/lear...am-70-480.aspx
winterscoming
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
MTA 98-375 is a beginner-level course aimed at people with no technical background, it doesn't really cover much beyond the core fundamentals of web development and some introductory JavaScript programming for creating fairly simple websites

MCSA 70-480 is an intermediate-level course which assumes you already have most of the basic skills and understanding covered by MTA 98-375. Note: you aren't required to complete the MTA in order to start 70-480, but you should be be technically competent with at least some basic JavaScript programming and web development skills with HTML/CSS.

So really, these courses aren't equivalent to each other at all. If you've never touched web development or programming before then 70-480 will probably be too advanced.

By the way, 70-480 is only one part of the MCSA, there's another exam which uses C# and ASP.NET for the full MCSA Web Development certificate. MCSA certification is definitely a good certificate to have under your belt for web development jobs using ASP.NET (although MCSA doesn't mean you're an "expert" by any means, it's really just a bare-minimum skillset, but it's a good foundation for someone starting out with ASP.NET web development).
little pixie
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Thanks for the reply and info.

MTA 98-375 would probably be best for me then as I've no prior experience of web development.
winterscoming
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by little pixie)
Thanks for the reply and info.

MTA 98-375 would probably be best for me then as I've no prior experience of web development.
Almost certainly in that case. Out of curiousity, what are your specific goals in taking the MTA? Realistically there's a mountain of stuff to learn when it comes to web development, so any single course or certificate won't get you far on its own. But the good news is that you don't need to spend a load of money on courses at the local college since there's tonnes of free material online. (Although it can be helpful to have a course instructor to ask face-to-face questions in college).

All the course material for the Microsoft Professional Programmmes (MPP) can be picked up for free on EdX (click on individual courses and choose the 'audit' option. Certificates for these are overpriced unfortunately).
https://academy.microsoft.com/en-us/...d-development/

Similar thing with this from University of Michigan - this also starts assuming no previous web knowledge. You can audit the courses and learn a lot from working through the material:
https://www.coursera.org/specializations/web-design
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (78)
20.63%
Note taking apps (7)
1.85%
Flashcards (86)
22.75%
Revision guides (19)
5.03%
Past papers (173)
45.77%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (15)
3.97%

Watched Threads