The Student Room Group

UK weather: Heatwave set to bring highs of 37C on hottest day of year

Scroll to see replies

People should enjoy it whilst they can. Time enough to moan about the rain. Hope it snows this winter.

Other people have it a lot hotter in other countries.
Original post by Wōden
I'd welcome a torrential downpour right about now, even just for a few minutes. There hasn't been one single drop of rain in my area since May and everywhere is starting to look like a desert.

Yup, this is the first proper heavy rain we've had in Glasgow for months, my allotments were REALLY needing it, utter sick of having to handwater 300l odd of water a day :O
Original post by Missradioactive
I can't bear this heat any longer :frown:
HF, nor can I :redface:
Original post by Wōden
I'd welcome a torrential downpour right about now, even just for a few minutes. There hasn't been one single drop of rain in my area since May and everywhere is starting to look like a desert.

Just make sure it's cool rain! Warm rain is disgusting :biggrin:
Original post by 999tigger
People should enjoy it whilst they can. Time enough to moan about the rain. Hope it snows this winter.

Other people have it a lot hotter in other countries.

Yeah. Back in Nigeria temperatures can reach 40 C and some people won't give a care :s-smilie:
Original post by ShantelleLuis
Yeah. Back in Nigeria temperatures can reach 40 C and some people won't give a care :s-smilie:

Nigeria is used to hotter weather, the uk isn’t.
Original post by Andrew97
Nigeria is used to hotter weather, the uk isn’t.

The UK IS used to hot weather, it was hot last week.
Original post by StriderHort
The UK IS used to hot weather, it was hot last week.

One hot week does not make a country used to that temperature. It is usually cooler than this during the summer.
Original post by Andrew97
One hot week does not make a country used to that temperature. It is usually cooler than this during the summer.

Aye but it was hot the week before that as well, folk should have got used to it then :P
I'm amazed how long it has taken for people to start bringing up global warming and the end of the world.
Original post by Just my opinion
I'm amazed how long it has taken for people to start bringing up global warming and the end of the world.

Weve had heatwaves before and this one doesnt appear as severe as 76.
Seems they are going to become more common place.
The UK is in a nice position because it means we just have more sunny weather, but will still get enough rain.

Not good for those areas that will get even less rain or who face being submerged.
Reply 33
Weve had heatwaves before and this one doesnt appear as severe as 76.
Seems they are going to become more common place.
The UK is in a nice position because it means we just have more sunny weather, but will still get enough rain.

Not good for those areas that will get even less rain or who face being submerged.

The grass and everything else doesn't agree with you about enough rain and I certainly don't agree.
Original post by Just my opinion
I'm pretty amazed myself. I've been bringing it up since I first heard about it and I hate it when people pass it off and claim that it's not true. Then the same people complain about the heatwave and wish for cooler weather.
Original post by Bio 7
The grass and everything else doesn't agree with you about enough rain and I certainly don't agree.

I believe I was talking about a longer period than just the last few weeks.
The grass will recover soon enough when theres some rain.
Not the first time weve had hot weather.
I don't know about you all but I've been watering the grass around me 👌🏿
Reply 37

I have had hot and dry weather for over 3 months now, not the last few weeks.
Original post by ShantelleLuis
I don't know about you all but I've been watering the grass around me 👌🏿

It will recover.

What impressed me was how green the trees still are.
Time to ban all Chinese imports!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending