Turn on thread page Beta

Talk to the media on Results Day! watch

• TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team

* UPDATE 14th Aug*

Channel 4 is looking to speak to a male A-level student on Thursday (16th) morning. You need to be the first in your family planning to go to university (including your parents) and be expecting to do better in your A-levels than what you achieved at AS.

You will not be required to travel to the studio but must be happy to be filmed on location, either at home or at school on results day. The interview will be pre-recorded and will air at 7pm on results day on C4 news. You will be paid for your time.

Please PM me with your name and contact details if you'd like to get involved

~ ~ ~

Every year on GCSE and A-Level Results Day, TSR receive a lot of requests from the media to put them in touch with real-life students who have received results.

These requests range from written stories online or in print, to even radio and TV.

They also cover a range of topics, including students who have used Clearing/Adjustment, those who have changed their plan due to unforeseen circumstances (higher/lower grades than expected) OR just students in general!*

(*These aren't always known until on the day!)

No matter what your situation or expected grades, if you're expecting results this August and would be interested in being included in a story, come get in touch!

Send me a PM with your name, age, results you're expecting, contact details and preference for opp to get involved with (e.g. print only / TV only)and if your story gets used on TV or radio, TSR will reimburse you £75! We'll also pay £25 to those who are included online or in print

Come get involved!
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Do you need top be able to do that jump in the air thing and squeal?

How much are you paying for the on live air opening?

How much for the ones that are interview but have failed, then are asked whether they are disappointed?
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Do you need top be able to do that jump in the air thing and squeal?

How much are you paying for the on live air opening?

How much for the ones that are interview but have failed, then are asked whether they are disappointed?
    Hello - thanks for your interest
    None of this can really be determined until we know the specifics of the requests we receive.

But if you're interested in potentially being included, you can send me your details in a private message and I can contact you with different requests as they come in to see if any suit you

As mentioned, £75 for TV/radio, £25 for written. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Name:  hqdefault-1.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  6.4 KB

ReputationRep:
    Are journalists really so stupid they cannot find a freaking school in their locale? There's thousands of them all over the country!

And why aren't the journalists paying the students directly?

ReputationRep:
    I doubt I'll be able to string a coherent sentence on results day no matter if good or bad

ReputationRep:
    Who would want to read their results on live TV? Did you not see that guy last year who needed grades like AAA and got ABB? He was gutted 😭
    Name:  EBCF5013-5DB2-412B-BA71-687C351002C9.jpeg
Views: 13
Size:  5.2 KB

ReputationRep:
    Hi, do we get told in advance if we're needed or do we get contacted on the day? Can we decide on the day?
    (Original post by discobish)
    Every year on GCSE and A-Level Results Day, TSR receive a lot of requests from the media to put them in touch with real-life students who have received results.

These requests range from written stories online or in print, to even radio and TV.

They also cover a range of topics, including students who have used Clearing/Adjustment, those who have changed their plan due to unforeseen circumstances (higher/lower grades than expected) OR just students in general!*

(*These aren't always known until on the day!)

No matter what your situation or expected grades, if you're expecting results this August and would be interested in being included in a story, come get in touch!

Send me a PM with your name, age, results you're expecting and preference for opp to get involved with (e.g. print only / TV only)and if your story gets used on TV or radio,TSR will reimburse you £75!We'll also pay £25to those who are included online or in print

Come get involved!
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by kiki213)
    Who would want to read their results on live TV? Did you not see that guy last year who needed grades like AAA and got ABB? He was gutted 😭
    It's not opening results live on TV - it's more talking about the results day experience with a journalist or giving advice for future students etc.

(Original post by 123medicine)
    Hi, do we get told in advance if we're needed or do we get contacted on the day? Can we decide on the day?
    You'll be contacted as/when the requests come in and then can decide if you'd like to be involved! Pls PM me your details including contact phone number if you'd like to be considered

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiki213)
    You can check in the morning on UCAS to see if you got in to your uni? So that should at least give you a hint of what you will get when opening the envelope
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team

* UPDATE *

BBC South East are looking to speak to A-level students getting their results on Thursday 16th August that are based in the South East.

You'll need to head down to TSR Towers (Brighton) after collecting your results (you don't have to open them on TV) and will just be asked a couple of questions about how you're feeling. Altogether it will probably take 30 mins, and afterwards you'll be reimbursed £75 for your time!

Please PM me with your name and contact details if you'd like to get involved

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by discobish)
    ... after collecting your results (you don't have to open them on TV) ...
    You mean the 'live' openings are fake?

:zomg::zomg::zomg::zomg:
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by ThomH97)
    You mean the 'live' openings are fake?

:zomg::zomg::zomg::zomg:
    I have noooo idea.

But for this particular opportunity, you wouldn't need to open them on TV

ReputationRep:
    If it was in Kent I would do it. I can't make my way to Sussex though
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team

* UPDATE 14th Aug*

Channel 4 is looking to speak to a male A-level student on Thursday (16th) morning. You need to be the first in your family planning to go to university (including your parents) and be expecting to do better in your A-levels than what you achieved at AS.

You will not be required to travel to the studio but must be happy to be filmed on location, either at home or at school on results day. The interview will be pre-recorded and will air at 7pm on results day on C4 news. You will be paid for your time.

Please PM me with your name and contact details ASAP if you'd like to get involved

ReputationRep:
    sexist much smh
    Name:  9388E8E3-BB71-4FAC-8E53-50994B80355B.gif
Views: 3
Size:  28.4 KB
    Spoiler:
    Show
    it’s a joke calm down bih

ReputationRep:
    why MALES only, what's wrong with us females hm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZiggyStardust_)
    The programme director probably has a daughter.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Can I open my results from last year, it can make the reaction a lot better and it could help me launch a career as an actor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZiggyStardust_)
    Isn't it obvious?

They are trying to spin this narrative that boys from working class backgrounds are being let down by the education system which is favouring girls. Particularly, white working class boys are lagging behind so I'm sure they are trying to create some sort of sensational headline about how white boys from working class backgrounds need more support.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.