?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
same as title
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by nina313)
same as title
Depends who to as that would give you an idea of any ethical implications.
So the answer would be maybe or maybe not based upon the information provided.
wonderuss
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
why not
Milax1x
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Lol no. And if you get caught enjoy your potentially permanent ban from future education
wonderuss
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The person buying the assignment is the one who should be thinking about ethics. Even then, they're free to choose to do whatever they want. It's no one else's business.
wonderuss
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Milax1x)
enjoy your potentially permanent ban from future education
Why?
Milax1x
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by wonderuss)
Why?
Because if you’re discovered selling assignments then in future classes you will be considered a threat to academic integrity and you should rightfully be banned
Kathy2165
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No
wonderuss
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Because if you’re discovered selling assignments then in future classes you will be considered a threat to academic integrity and you should rightfully be banned
But what if someone didn't know it was not allowed, and thought it was a perfectly fine thing to do? Also, they're not on the 'cheating' side of things, they're only selling their assignments.
ABM2001
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Of course not.
Milax1x
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
But what if someone didn't know it was not allowed, and thought it was a perfectly fine thing to do? Also, they're not on the 'cheating' side of things, they're only selling their assignments.
Ignorance isn’t a defence. Selling your work so others can pass an assignment without doing their own work is very clearly against the rules. Selling assignments is producing, allowing and funding cheating.

You best pray you don’t get caught or you’ll enjoy a sweet ban and lose your qualifications.
nina313
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I want to sell my college assignments and I have completed the course. will I get in trouble for it in Uni?
-Eirlys-
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I want to sell my college assignments and I have completed the course. will I get in trouble for it in Uni?
Yes you will, don't do it.
wonderuss
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ignorance isn’t a defence. Selling your work so others can pass an assignment without doing their own work is very clearly against the rules. Selling assignments is producing, allowing and funding cheating.

You best pray you don’t get caught or you’ll enjoy a sweet ban and lose your qualifications.
But why are you assuming that someone buying an assignment is buying it to submit it as their own work? What if they just want to use it to help them with their assignment, give them ideas etc, which is something that can be found for free all over the internet and is basically what research pre-assignment-writing entails
wonderuss
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I don't know
username1221160
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The more pertinent question is who wants to buy your crappy college assignments?
$Machiavellian$
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ethics is something that is unique to each individual, you could argue there is no right or wrong - depending on how you look at it. The work is yours, you have produced it yourself (I assume?), which means you can do what you want with it. However, if that work is copied/plagiarised, then that’s when it becomes not only ‘unethical’ but illegal - specially if you are knowingly selling it to be copied by others.

Alternatively, if selling is what you want to do, then you could offer to provide help and advice for work etc. The other thing is - is the work your selling an A* piece of work? If you sell your work and it does t bring the desired results for the buyer, it could come back on you.
Lisandy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Afraid not.
Where i am doing my apprenticeship we all copied off the previous apprentice, even my line manager. Then one day I didn't reword what i copied and just pasted word for word. Our assessor recconised the work and said it was plagiarism.
999tigger
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 5corpio777)
Ethics is something that is unique to each individual, you could argue there is no right or wrong - depending on how you look at it. The work is yours, you have produced it yourself (I assume?), which means you can do what you want with it. However, if that work is copied/plagiarised, then that’s when it becomes not only ‘unethical’ but illegal - specially if you are knowingly selling it to be copied by others.

Alternatively, if selling is what you want to do, then you could offer to provide help and advice for work etc. The other thing is - is the work your selling an A* piece of work? If you sell your work and it does t bring the desired results for the buyer, it could come back on you.
You could try that with your uni compliance hearing. I can see why you are a lawyer.
marupe
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Lisandy)
Afraid not.
Where i am doing my apprenticeship we all copied off the previous apprentice, even my line manager. Then one day I didn't reword what i copied and just pasted word for word. Our assessor recconised the work and said it was plagiarism.
:clap2:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (114)
28.22%
No - I have already returned home (52)
12.87%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (80)
19.8%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (39)
9.65%
No - I live at home during term anyway (119)
29.46%

Watched Threads