The Student Room Group

What music are you listening to when revising?

I’m personally listening to Chris Brown, Joyner Lucas, Lil skies and a little bit of X. Any recommendations?
Reply 1
Headie one
Loski
Asco
Fredo
Wolfmother
The Beatles
Donovan
Pink Floyd
Movie and Video game soundtracks

You're either energized or extremely mellow from them. Also if you want to feel more focused, you can try classical.
How to Train your Dragon soundtrack
How do people listen to music while studying and not get distracted or forget what they just learnt :confused:
i only listen to music when i'm doing homework not revising and when i do it's the *****iest mainstream rap i can find on youtube or i get through the rap workout and rap caviar playlists on spotify.
I listen to
Jamiroquai
KAYTRANADA
Janet Jackson
Paula Abdul
I like a nice beat when revising...

Chuki beats does some killer beats.. EX..

https://youtu.be/Fz3-TdYOOA8
Put on my X playlist cus most of the new ones arent too loud or songs that are not my favourite but i still like so that im not distracted :smile:
i listen to instrumental music or film tracks when i'm actually revising but if i'm writing notes or just doing homework i'll put on any good song i like. i'd suggest childish gambino but only some of his songs if you're trying to study as others can be quite aggressive:lol:
(edited 5 years ago)
I usually listen to Blutengel's symphonic album Black Symphonies (An Orchestral Journey) on repeat when I study. Sometimes just the track Soultaker (Symphonic Version) by itself. It's classical recordings of their most well-loved tracks. :h:
i type into youtube "trance mix" or "techno mix" and click one
motivational songs, some might class them as cringe worthy

never say never by justin bieber
champion by chris brown
brave by sara bareilles
and other

sometimes i just listen to any song.. usually chris brown and other peeps
Here's a good 'un

not to everyone's taste i'm sure..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Tr0otuiQuU
Original post by X_exceed
How do people listen to music while studying and not get distracted or forget what they just learnt :confused:

You're right, I tend not to listen to music when I'm studying unless I become extremely bored and want to kick start my brain again. Some people swear it helps them, but it can help you study for longer periods of time. Depends on the person.
My study tastes are pretty eclectic. Regular choices when an assignment is due: Mogwai, Sigur Ros, Charlie Parker, Husker Du, Bad Religion.
Reply 16
Mainly just Muse. If you ever want to get pumped doing homework, this is the song. I remember finally figuring out how to do problems involving moments in mechanics while listening to it.

Quick Reply

Latest