The Student Room Group

Boyfriend Still Friends With Ex Girlfriend!

My boyfriend is still in a friendship group with his ex girlfriend. I am fine about this but recently he has started going to parties with her. He also tells me that they don't text each other but I know that they do. He wants to go to this party tonight at her house, his ex won't let me go, which I feel weird about because if they are just friend what is the problem. I feel really insecure about the whole situation because my boyfriend seems to be siding with her more. I just don't know what to do I have told him how I feel and he just doesn't get it. Please help me??
Tbh I would too , but u gotta trust ur boyfriend (i know plenty of people who get drunk and kiss people by going to parties even when theyre in a relationship tho)
How do u know that they still text?
And How old are u guys?
Red flags. You should trust your boyfriend but he should have your back. If he is part of a friend group he should be including you as much as possible and if his ex is having a party and your not invited then he should be staying home or going out somewhere else with you!! I'm not sure he's as committed to the relationship as you are, tbh. I wouldn't care if my boyfriend was on friendly terms with an ex but going to parties where she will be but I was not there and then if I found out I was actively not invited..... I'd be asking some serious questions of my bf. If he's not willing to have your back and stay with you or make sure you could go to the party - well for me - that would be a deal breaker. Then if he really was regretful and sorry I'd probably take him back but with the stipulation that you're friends all together or they can't be friends at all.
(edited 5 years ago)
Nothing wrong with being friends with Exes, both me and my wife are still friends with some of the people we dated when we were teenagers - in fact there were 3 exes present at our wedding, one of hers and two of mine.

But - its all about attitude and how you deal with them.

For instance, I would never meet up with my Exes alone without my wife. And I don't text them or do anything secretive. She treats them the same.

For me it sounds like the problem with your boyfriend isn't the fact that she is an EX, its the fact that his behavior is awful. Even if this girl wasn't an ex, the fact that she doesn't want you at her party.. and he still wants to go? That's terrible. And any kind of secret messaging is awful when your in a relationship.

About the party, remind him that hes your boyfriend, and he should be standing up for you! If he wants to go to a party, but they are rude enough to say that his girlfriend can't come, then he should have a bit of respect for you and tell them to **** off, and not go himself.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
My boyfriend is still in a friendship group with his ex girlfriend. I am fine about this but recently he has started going to parties with her. He also tells me that they don't text each other but I know that they do. He wants to go to this party tonight at her house, his ex won't let me go, which I feel weird about because if they are just friend what is the problem. I feel really insecure about the whole situation because my boyfriend seems to be siding with her more. I just don't know what to do I have told him how I feel and he just doesn't get it. Please help me??

several red flags here.

Personally i would insist they stop seeing each other.

and hanging out at parties together at her house is just a recipe for disaster. It's like leaving your dinner tray half hanging off the table.

You may get lucky this time, ..but keep doing it and sooner or later disaster will strike and you'll loose your dinner

dinner = metaphor for boyfriend btw......
Reply 5
i don't think so its a thing to worry just trust you boyfriend and make your relationship strong instead of worrying about his ex
Reply 6
Tell him how you feel, make sure to give him your perspective and how it's affected you. If he then gets defensive or dismisses you, take a breath and really consider your relationship with him. Yes, there's an element of trust, as there has to be in every relationship, but if in order to maintain that trust you're being disrespected or taken advantage of, then it's time to stop.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending