The Student Room Group

Which course is best? (Childcare)

Helloo! I was wondering if anyone can help me. I left school in 2017 and decided to go to college to do a BTEC course in health and social care. I have complete the first year of Level 3 Subsidiary diploma in health and social care. This means i have gained an A-level in health and social care. Now, I am still unsure what i want to do as a career and i want to do university. I haven't gained enough marks to move up to the 90-credit diploma which means I will not be leaving after 2 years of studying with 3 a-levels, I'll only have 2.

Therefore I am making the decision of moving to the childcare course as I am more interested in it. However, The course I applied for on my college website is not the one I was offered. The one I applied for was Level 3 diploma in children's care, learning and development (Wales and Northern Ireland). The one I was offered was the Level 3 CACHE in Childcare which is not on the website therefore I cannot apply for it. The problem is college haven't given me any information on either one therefore I do not know which one to do. I want to do the one that will allow me to leave with 3 A-Levels in the end to enable me to go to university.

Basically my question is what is the differences between the Level 3 diploma and the CACHE Diploma and which is better grade wise and work wise.

Thank you!
Original post by honor532
Helloo! I was wondering if anyone can help me. I left school in 2017 and decided to go to college to do a BTEC course in health and social care. I have complete the first year of Level 3 Subsidiary diploma in health and social care. This means i have gained an A-level in health and social care. Now, I am still unsure what i want to do as a career and i want to do university. I haven't gained enough marks to move up to the 90-credit diploma which means I will not be leaving after 2 years of studying with 3 a-levels, I'll only have 2.

Therefore I am making the decision of moving to the childcare course as I am more interested in it. However, The course I applied for on my college website is not the one I was offered. The one I applied for was Level 3 diploma in children's care, learning and development (Wales and Northern Ireland). The one I was offered was the Level 3 CACHE in Childcare which is not on the website therefore I cannot apply for it. The problem is college haven't given me any information on either one therefore I do not know which one to do. I want to do the one that will allow me to leave with 3 A-Levels in the end to enable me to go to university.

Basically my question is what is the differences between the Level 3 diploma and the CACHE Diploma and which is better grade wise and work wise.

Thank you!

Chemical Engineering

Quick Reply

Latest