brexit needs to be stopped Watch

SCIENCE :D
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Brexit never properly started.

What is going on now is going to end up so watered down it would be an insult to call it Brexit.
denyagoss
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The entire referendum was undemocratic with the leave campaign spending almost half a million more than the remain party (which they definitely weren't allowed to do) and with the final votes coming down to being between like what, 4 votes? I would definitely argue that this half a million more spent by the leave party swayed the outcome and the fact that this even happened undermines democracy.
TheStupidMoon
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by denyagoss)
The entire referendum was undemocratic with the leave campaign spending almost half a million more than the remain party (which they definitely weren't allowed to do) and with the final votes coming down to being between like what, 4 votes? I would definitely argue that this half a million more spent by the leave party swayed the outcome and the fact that this even happened undermines democracy.
The remain campaign did the same.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8137361.html
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by PilgrimOfTruth)
No, people voted Leave because they recognise that what started out as the simple Common Market 40 years ago has now corrupted and turned into an emerging totalitarian state.

They can see the wider agenda being waged to make British people a minority in their own country and they have seen the increasing nonsense that is the justice system which fails consistently to properly punish those members of society who are causing grief to everyone else.

They also see how the British political system has become a sham, a mockery, a pretend 2-party political system in which both major parties (and most of the others) are really just puppets of the EU.
Whichever you vote for the EU agenda is furthered regardless.

The people want change. The people need change. The cesspit and corruption has to stop.

BrExit is the first stage.
You'd hope so, wouldn't you.
In reality however, the vast majority of voters most likely had no idea what they were talking about, or how the decisions would affect them in the future.
That's the unfortunate truth about a lot of voting, but particularly so in this case.
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
High prices result in less product being sold, simple supply and demand. The suppliers will adjust their business accordingly. They will either change their products or accept lower margins. If they don't lower their margins, a competitor will and uncut their prices. Again simple market economics. Bottom line is once BrExit is done, businesses WILL adapt.
Feel free to bury your head in the sand but to me the writing is on the wall. Supermarket margins have fallen from 5% to 2% in the last two years due to the devaluation of the pound. They are terrified to raise prices which is why Sainsbury's is looking to buy Asds and Tesco are hoping to join with Carfort to drive down wholesale prices. And who loses? The supplier of course as well as the consumer who has less choice.

And then there all those businesses for whome being located in the UK is no big deal. Several years ago, that great British inventor James Dyson had no issue offshoring his Dyson factory as you put it, to take advantage of lower costs.

Tge problem with the Brexit side is you offer no solutions. You accuse people like me of fearmongering whilst going on about sovereignty which won't actually make the slightest difference to daily life.

So please tell me, come hard Brexit (which is looking very likely) why won't there be massive queues at our border? Why won't companies like Airbus and Land Rover start scaling back production in the UK in favour of elsewhere? Why won't the city slowely start to relocate in Paris, Frankfurt or Berlin? Why won't prices rise? I am not fearmongering. I am genuinely concerned and all you can do is shout me down.
PilgrimOfTruth
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Eeeeek, what part of this do you not get????

BrExiteers KNOW that all of these problems will arise and that, for a time, it will create a lot of inconvenience, angst and uncertainty.

I don't care one jot of there are queues at border controls. I don't care a fig if I get held up when I go to visit places in Europe. Customs is customs, I will get in line and follow the process whatever it is. Those coming into the UK should do likewise.

Businesses WILL adapt. You can spout Project Fear all you like but the plain truth is that business will adapt. They will do whatever is needed to provide products and services to customers, supermarkets included.

The UK lost tons of it's previous great manufacturing years and years ago. Did the UK collapse as a result? Nope. It adapted. Now the UK is 80% Service based.

Your doom and gloom BS simply runs off real BrExiteers shoulders like water off a ducks back. The UK is going to survive, it's going to work through whatever problems arise and it IS going to come out of the other side. It will be much stronger and more prosperous in the long run, and crucially . . . . IT WILL BE FREE !
Quady
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

BrExiteers KNOW that all of these problems will arise and that, for a time, it will create a lot of inconvenience, angst and uncertainty.

I don't care one jot of there are queues at border controls. I don't care a fig if I get held up when I go to visit places in Europe. Customs is customs, I will get in line and follow the process whatever it is. Those coming into the UK should do likewise.

Businesses WILL adapt. You can spout Project Fear all you like but the plain truth is that business will adapt. They will do whatever is needed to provide products and services to customers, supermarkets included.

The UK lost tons of it's previous great manufacturing years and years ago. Did the UK collapse as a result? Nope. It adapted. Now the UK is 80% Service based.

Your doom and gloom BS simply runs off real BrExiteers shoulders like water off a ducks back. The UK is going to survive, it's going to work through whatever problems arise and it IS going to come out of the other side. It will be much stronger and more prosperous in the long run, and crucially . . . . IT WILL BE FREE !
We won't be free.

Not until we are out of the Union, out of NATO, out of the Commonwealth, out of the WTO, out of the UN and out of the World Bank.

This is only the beginning as real Brexiteers well know.
PilgrimOfTruth
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Quady)
This is only the beginning as real Brexiteers well know.
Yep.

Restoring the British Constitution should be one of the first priorities post BrExit.
OutKast
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by anti brexit)
i hope brexit gets stopped completely I cried when the vote came in for us to leave is there any chance brexit could be stopped?
Yes there is always chance Brexit could be stopped, up until the point where we do leave. I can't say how big or small that chance is, but it's still a chance.
Quady
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yep.

Restoring the British Constitution should be one of the first priorities post BrExit.
Getting rid of 'Britain' will be on of them, axing the unpatriotic Act of Union 1707 forthwith.
Anon4012
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hey Guys,This might be a useful petition to give a look at if you are interested in stopping Brexit and remaining in the European Union. This aims to stop us leaving the EU with a 'no-deal' Brexit, but ultimately the purpose is to stop us leaving the EU and to get a second Referendum. Many Thanks https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/262986
ColinDent
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anon4012)
Hey Guys,This might be a useful petition to give a look at if you are interested in stopping Brexit and remaining in the European Union. This aims to stop us leaving the EU with a 'no-deal' Brexit, but ultimately the purpose is to stop us leaving the EU and to get a second Referendum. Many Thanks https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/262986
Yawn, are you not bored yet?
daesdfe
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i hope brexit gets stopped completely I cried when the vote came in for us to leave is there any chance brexit could be stopped?
hahaha
daesdfe
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hahahahahahahahaha,realy
daesdfe
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hahahahahahahahaha,realy
daesdfe
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anon4012)
hahahahahahahahaha,
daesdfe
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hahahahahahahahaha
daesdfe
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Well said
daesdfe
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
how sad you are
daesdfe
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
you are mentaly il
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (10)
5.43%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (101)
54.89%
No (73)
39.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed