The Student Room Group

Teacher Training Applicants Thread 2019!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AH91
I bet it will come around so quick then when the stresses of teacher training hit us we’ll look back and laugh 🙄😂 thank you I started today!!

I hope so! I just want it done and over with but won’t be sent info to complete it until May! Don’t understand why so long when everything else is done now 😩😩😩

Yeah I bet too. My uni is the same too with doing the health questionnaire in May/June (along with the DBS) :rolleyes:.
Reply 1281
Hey all,

After some soul-searching, I’ve decided to apply for teacher training after all. There are 15 providers in commutable distance with vacancies.

I’m planning on getting my references organised with the aim of having them completed them by the end of next week :smile: How long did your school experience hosts take to submit your reference?

My application should be submitted by the end of next week which gives them a week before Easter to decide. Do you think I’ve “missed the boat”? Or will they still be recruiting after Easter?

All the ones I have contacted seemed keen for me to apply and said they had vacancies so that’s a good sign!
It took about a week for my two references to be submitted but I imagine it varies quite a lot!

Definitely don't worry about being too late, teacher training applications stay open right up until October when universities start! I've known people gain places in June/July to start in September so as long as where you're applying has vacancies you should have no problem.

Good Luck :smile:
Original post by GG306
Hey all,

After some soul-searching, I’ve decided to apply for teacher training after all. There are 15 providers in commutable distance with vacancies.

I’m planning on getting my references organised with the aim of having them completed them by the end of next week :smile: How long did your school experience hosts take to submit your reference?

My application should be submitted by the end of next week which gives them a week before Easter to decide. Do you think I’ve “missed the boat”? Or will they still be recruiting after Easter?

All the ones I have contacted seemed keen for me to apply and said they had vacancies so that’s a good sign!
I did my PGCE interview for Liverpool Hope yesterday. I have been out of school years and messed up on the maths test but felt that the interview went well apart from that. I am hoping that won't let me down. :frown: I have an interview for Bangor in two weeks time but hoping I might hear back from Hope before then. They said 10 days but I saw that some people heard back well before that.

I keep hitting refresh on my inbox and driving myself crazy.

Also: Do they let you know by email or by post?
(edited 5 years ago)
I have my fingers crossed for you. And they should let you know by email. I think university courses just update the UCAS first, where as training providers will email first, then change your UCAS status.
Original post by christine24
I did my PGCE interview for Liverpool Hope yesterday. I have been out of school years and messed up on the maths test but felt that the interview went well apart from that. I am hoping that won't let me down. :frown: I have an interview for Bangor in two weeks time but hoping I might hear back from Hope before then. They said 10 days but I saw that some people heard back well before that.

I've applied for PGCert Early Years with Early Years Teacher Status at the University of Brighton. Is anyone else applying for this? I'm currently a room leader in the 2-3 room in a nursery and have worked in nurseries for 3 years. I have my interview on Thursday and wondered what to expect, if anyone has already interviewed for this course? :smile:
I got an offer the next day! Delighted! Now to prepare for the numeracy and literacy tests. :frown:
Original post by dingbat93
I have my fingers crossed for you. And they should let you know by email. I think university courses just update the UCAS first, where as training providers will email first, then change your UCAS status.
Reply 1287
Anyone here applied/accepted a place at Uni of Greenwich? Trying to find and get to know people who I may be training with 😂 need someone to share the anticipation of waiting with lol!
Trying to book my professional skills tests and there are SO few slots available! I only have till the end of May to pass them all and I know I'll need a lot of tries for the maths! Also, I have signed up for one test but they haven't sent me the verification yet so don't even know if that worked!

Hey @christine24 :hello:

It's great to hear that you attended an interview with us and that it went well. I hope by now you have heard back from this?

If not don't hesitate to contact our admissions team on [email protected] or 0151 291 3899...... they may be able to give you an update on this if you haven't received one just yet.

I hope this helps

Ruth :rave:
Original post by AH91
Anyone here applied/accepted a place at Uni of Greenwich? Trying to find and get to know people who I may be training with 😂 need someone to share the anticipation of waiting with lol!

Hi @AH91,

Congratulations on your place at Greenwich!

You may be able to find people on your course in our 2019 Applicants Thread. You can also have a look at our Greenwich SU Facebook page for any 2019 groups to join.

I hope that helps :smile:

Tara
Reply 1291
Original post by UniofGreenwich
Hi @AH91,

Congratulations on your place at Greenwich!

You may be able to find people on your course in our 2019 Applicants Thread. You can also have a look at our Greenwich SU Facebook page for any 2019 groups to join.

I hope that helps :smile:

Tara

That’s great thank you!!
Original post by Liverpool Hope University
Hey @christine24 :hello:

It's great to hear that you attended an interview with us and that it went well. I hope by now you have heard back from this?

If not don't hesitate to contact our admissions team on [email protected] or 0151 291 3899...... they may be able to give you an update on this if you haven't received one just yet.

I hope this helps

Ruth :rave:

Hey Ruth,

I got an offer the next day so over the moon! :smile: Thanks so much for reaching out. Really looking forward to starting. :biggrin:
I have recently discovered this forum...so bear with me I just couldn't trawl through the 65 pages before and will probably repeat questions many others have asked!I've just accepted a conditional offer for Schools Direct (Secondary English!). I'm actually living abroad at the moment and won't be back in the U.K until around 25th August eek (I'm hoping I can get back a tiny bit sooner...I'll try to negotiate with my school!). This means I have to pass my tests before 1st September. Mildy stressed about that to say the least.I just wondered what everyone is doing to prepare? Despite being an English graduate I'm going to do the SKE (I graduated about 9 years ago!).I can't find ANYTHING about what to expect from Schools Direct or anything detailing experiences online (aside from the odd horror story!). Does anyone have any resources that have given them a lot of information? Links etc?I've been teaching EFL for almost three years but obviously the climate is extremely different to the U.K and I'm anxious after what I've read online.
Hey Ruth,

I got an offer the next day so over the moon! :smile: Thanks so much for reaching out. Really looking forward to starting. :biggrin:

Hey @christine24

Congratulations on receiving your offer! I'm so delighted to hear that, that's great news :clap2::five:

If you do have any questions at all before you start, please do give me a shout.

Ruth
Finally got a offer through, for local school Scitt as a trainee pe teacher. Really chuffed as was not sure interview went that well.
Original post by lozzielizzie
Finally got a offer through, for local school Scitt as a trainee pe teacher. Really chuffed as was not sure interview went that well.

Ah fantastic! That’s great news! Bet you are relieved.
Original post by Claudette
Ah fantastic! That’s great news! Bet you are relieved.

Yea I am, was a really nice school, staff really friendly and seemed really supportive environment
For those with offers...what are you doing to prepare for the course to start?

I’m going to do the SKE just to refresh but is there anything else?

Unfortunately I’m overseas until pretty much the start date so I want to be as prepared as I possibly can before it starts.

I’m doing Secondary English FYI
Original post by debbiem89
For those with offers...what are you doing to prepare for the course to start?

I’m going to do the SKE just to refresh but is there anything else?

Unfortunately I’m overseas until pretty much the start date so I want to be as prepared as I possibly can before it starts.

I’m doing Secondary English FYI

1. Going over all science content in ks3/ks4.
2. I'm going to read some books on how to write essays. I've never had to write a proper one *gulp*
3. Sort a work area out in my house with shelves/printer ect
4. Any pre-course tasks they set
5. I work at a school so I am gathering resources for lessons e.g. I asked a teacher for some of their structure strips yesterday.

That's my to do list, for now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending