The Student Room Group

UCAS Application

Hello,
I was wondering if you can advise me on what to do. I have contacted my school advisors however I have not received any response from them. I want to be released from my firm and my insurance to apply to a different university through clearing. Would that be possible? I am very likely to meet my conditions of both offers however I do not wish to study there. My worry is that if I am released from my firm and insurance but do not get accepted at the university which I apply for through clearing what would happen then. As it would take 10 days to be released by then if the course that I want to apply to do not have any places left then what would I have to do then?
Thank you
Original post by Farahrani01
My worry is that if I am released from my firm and insurance but do not get accepted at the university which I apply for through clearing what would happen then.

Just ask the new university if they would accept before withdrawing from your offers. Unless you really (really really) dont want your firm or insurance in which case just ask them to let you go and risk not scoring a place at a new university.
Reply 2
Original post by GamingAnonymous
Just ask the new university if they would accept before withdrawing from your offers. Unless you really (really really) dont want your firm or insurance in which case just ask them to let you go and risk not scoring a place at a new university.

I have contacted them and they have said they are likely to offer me a place but that depends on my results which is what is also worrying me. However, the entiry requirements are the same for the university that I want to go to and My firm and insurance... Also when should I ask to be released from my firm and insurance and do I wait til results day?
Original post by Farahrani01
I have contacted them and they have said they are likely to offer me a place but that depends on my results which is what is also worrying me. However, the entiry requirements are the same for the university that I want to go to and My firm and insurance... Also when should I ask to be released from my firm and insurance and do I wait til results day?

.Hmm, it is hard to recommend a date because if you wait until results day you will be delayed in getting dropped from your firm and insurance however if you drop them now then there is a chance that you are not offered a space on the new course. This is a decision that you have to make.
Reply 4
Original post by GamingAnonymous
.Hmm, it is hard to recommend a date because if you wait until results day you will be delayed in getting dropped from your firm and insurance however if you drop them now then there is a chance that you are not offered a space on the new course. This is a decision that you have to make.

Oh right, n oh god now that has definitely got me worried!! But thank you for the help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending