Uni boys Watch

BitMel
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(obvs not all boys are the same and that but)
are there actually any guys (in 1st,2nd, 3rd year) who actually want a relationship or are they all there to ****/ sleep around.
Anonymous #1
Report 11 months ago
Idk are there any girls who actually want a relationship in uni or are they all there to sleep around?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Hopefully1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Definitely there are guys in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th who are looking (or at least open to finding) long term relationships. Although, we read A LOT about guys who just want ONS there are guys who would like a committed relationship as well. The thing is you need to not be afraid to date the "nice" guys. Don't look for the cutest, most popular guy. That guy has lots of choices in general for dating prospects and it makes it harder for him to choose just one. That doesn't mean you'll be dating a loser no one else would be interested either. But, look for the guy who seems stable, the guy who is studying in a heavily male dominated course such as engineering, computer science etc (yes, there are girls studying those fields as well) and look for the guy who isn't the biggest partier. In general the guy who's interested in a long term thing isn't the guy interested in going to clubs or parties every night. There are handsome, stable guys open to a relationship. Gonna be honest.... timing is important as well and sometimes the timing is hard to control. Be open minded and I'm sure you'll find a great guy! Good Luck!
Anonymous #2
Report 11 months ago
in my experience they are all like that hunni, wait till you graduate.
BitMel
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hopefully1)
Definitely there are guys in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th who are looking (or at least open to finding) long term relationships. Although, we read A LOT about guys who just want ONS there are guys who would like a committed relationship as well. The thing is you need to not be afraid to date the "nice" guys. Don't look for the cutest, most popular guy. That guy has lots of choices in general for dating prospects and it makes it harder for him to choose just one. That doesn't mean you'll be dating a loser no one else would be interested either. But, look for the guy who seems stable, the guy who is studying in a heavily male dominated course such as engineering, computer science etc (yes, there are girls studying those fields as well) and look for the guy who isn't the biggest partier. In general the guy who's interested in a long term thing isn't the guy interested in going to clubs or parties every night. There are handsome, stable guys open to a relationship. Gonna be honest.... timing is important as well and sometimes the timing is hard to control. Be open minded and I'm sure you'll find a great guy! Good Luck!
sorry? why should i look for someone in a heavily male course?
BitMel
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
Idk are there any girls who actually want a relationship in uni or are they all there to sleep around?
well im proof that there are...
Hopefully1
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by BitMel)
You can, obviously, look for any guy in any course but guys who are in a heavily male dominated course who are interested in being in a committed relationship have less options to them. Please don't get me wrong I'm not saying you need to seek out desperate guys. But there are a lot of great guys who don't get to meet a lot of girls because of their area of study. I know several guys who have said 'guess I'll always be alone because I'm in chemical engineering'. I know a hot guy who is studying artificial intelligence and he never dates because he's not a clubber and his classes are small and predominately male. Well, he's also working on getting a first but I know if he met a girl he'd be interested in a relationship he just rarely meets girls since he no longer lives in uni housing. That certainly doesn't mean you can't meet and date a great guy studying history..... the is certainly a possibility.
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Of course they exist. You'll get guys who just want sex and others who want a relationship.
BitMel
Rep:
?
You can, obviously, look for any guy in any course but guys who are in a heavily male dominated course who are interested in being in a committed relationship have less options to them. Please don't get me wrong I'm not saying you need to seek out desperate guys. But there are a lot of great guys who don't get to meet a lot of girls because of their area of study. I know several guys who have said 'guess I'll always be alone because I'm in chemical engineering'. I know a hot guy who is studying artificial intelligence and he never dates because he's not a clubber and his classes are small and predominately male. Well, he's also working on getting a first but I know if he met a girl he'd be interested in a relationship he just rarely meets girls since he no longer lives in uni housing. That certainly doesn't mean you can't meet and date a great guy studying history..... the is certainly a possibility.
thats true but guys who dont meet or know many girls can still talk to the one girl thats interested just for sex because it's their only option of getting laid
plus no offence at all but i dont want to date someone who only wants me because im their only option and doesnt know anyone or like a very average normal nice guy if you get me (or maybe its just how you worded it lol)
Hopefully1
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
thats true but guys who dont meet or know many girls can still talk to the one girl thats interested just for sex because it's their only option of getting laid
plus no offence at all but i dont want to date someone who only wants me because im their only option and doesnt know anyone or like a very average normal nice guy if you get me (or maybe its just how you worded it lol)
I totally agree with you.

But I would also encourage you not to get so caught up in your own head that every guy who asks you out is just looking for sex. You don't have to have sex until you're ready to and if you don't give it up (and you shouldn't) right away (you can take months, years or until marriage - whatever works for you) then you'll quickly figure out the guys who just want sex from the guy to wants a long term thing. Even the guy who wants a relationship may ask about having sex and you just politely say you're not ready and if he's interested in continuing to date you he'll not be bothered. Keep an open communication and if/when you are ready you'll let him know. No guy is going to stick around for longer than a few weeks (really days) if he's only interested in sex. I think there are actually more guys looking for relationships if the truth were known.
Jono*
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
it means they are intelligent and will be successful should they get their degree, I think he meant stem fields
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
TheJammyFox
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(obvs not all boys are the same and that but)
are there actually any guys (in 1st,2nd, 3rd year) who actually want a relationship or are they all there to ****/ sleep around.
You make it out as if Unis just full of male SIuts.
BitMel
Rep:
?
I totally agree with you.

But I would also encourage you not to get so caught up in your own head that every guy who asks you out is just looking for sex. You don't have to have sex until you're ready to and if you don't give it up (and you shouldn't) right away (you can take months, years or until marriage - whatever works for you) then you'll quickly figure out the guys who just want sex from the guy to wants a long term thing. Even the guy who wants a relationship may ask about having sex and you just politely say you're not ready and if he's interested in continuing to date you he'll not be bothered. Keep an open communication and if/when you are ready you'll let him know. No guy is going to stick around for longer than a few weeks (really days) if he's only interested in sex. I think there are actually more guys looking for relationships if the truth were known.
i cant help think that there are guys who'll hang around for agesss just for sex, or if not there are guys who would hang around for other things (e.g. some guy i know only cuffed a girl cuz her **** game was strong) . I reallllllly dont agree with the last sentence aha but thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (160)
17.66%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (78)
8.61%
No I am happy with my course choice (540)
59.6%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (128)
14.13%

Watched Threads